Willie Adler in 2015
|Birth name||William M. Adler|
January 26, 1976|
|Genres||Groove metal, Thrash metal, Metalcore|
|Labels||Prosthetic, Epic, Roadrunner, Black Market Activities|
|Associated acts||Lamb of God|
Adler joined Lamb of God after the first guitarist, Abe Spear, left the band. Self-taught, Adler is known for his unconventional style of playing, which includes odd or dissonant chords, unique timing patterns and rhythms, high usage of his fretting hand's pinky finger, wide stretches between frets due to an increased reach, and being an obsessive perfectionist with his right hand rhythm playing. He plays mostly the jagged staccato riffs in Lamb of God's songs, while Mark Morton plays more of the groove-oriented rhythms and solos.
Adler is a primary songwriter in Lamb of God. His songs include "Black Label," "11th Hour," "Blood Junkie," "Hourglass," "Blood of the Scribe," "Beating on Death's Door," "Ashes of the Wake," "Ruin" and "Again We Rise." Adler also co-writes songs with Mark Morton, as he wrote the pre-solo breakdown to "Walk With me in Hell", and all of "In Your Words" up until the atmospheric ending which Mark Morton penned.
Adler has recently worked with the Houston metal band Vehement to produce their six-track promo CD.
With Burn the Priest
- Legion: XX (2018, Epic / Nuclear Blast)
With Lamb of God
- New American Gospel (2000, Prosthetic Records)
- As the Palaces Burn (2003, Prosthetic Records)
- Ashes of the Wake (2004, Epic Records)
- Killadelphia DVD (2005, Epic Records)
- Sacrament (2006, Epic Records)
- Walk with Me in Hell (2008, Roadrunner Records/Epic Records)
- Wrath (2009, Roadrunner Records/Epic Records)
- Resolution (2012, Epic Records)
- VII: Sturm und Drang (2015, Epic Records/Nuclear Blast Records)
- "Lamb of God Guitarist Producing Vehement Demo". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Willie Adler.|