Career and politics
Dille achieved a bachelors degree in youth work and worked for 25 years with disabled people in healthcare. On 11 March 2010 she was elected on behalf of the far right Party for Freedom (Partij voor de Vrijheid) as in the city council of The Hague - one of the few cities where the party participated in the elections.
On 17 June 2010, Dille was elected as member of parliament in the House of Representatives (Tweede Kamer) and she resigned from the city council. As a member of parliament, she was part of the coalition supporting the First Rutte cabinet. During her tenure, she focused on matters of services for the disabled, youth, adoption and casualties of war. In the September 2012 parliamentary elections, she was too low on the list to be re-elected. In May 2012, she returned as a member of the city council of The Hague, where she would remain a member until her death - after being re-elected in 2018, when Henk Bres initially received more votes than the higher placed Dille.
In February 2016, Dille shared a video on Facebook where she suggested that Muslims should be exterminated with a nuclear bomb - resulting in vast criticisms from other politicians, accusing her of hate propaganda.
In February 2018, the municipality of The Hague started an investigation into Dille's residence, as council members are obligated to live in the respective municipality. The investigation ended without definitive conclusion, but the mayor announced that new checks would be executed.
Alleged abduction and rape
On 6 August 2018, Dille published a video on Facebook where she announced her departure from the city council and showed desperation, blaming the mayor (Pauline Krikke) for starting the investigation into her residence, and city council member Arnoud van Doorn (former Party for Freedom, and now representing an Islamic party), who she blamed for triggering the investigation. She didn't feel that she and her family were safe. She also accused him of organizing a group of Muslims to abduct, rape and abuse her, in order to shut her up. Van Doorn did not want to respond at the time, but considered to file legal charges.
The following day, a local TV station interviewed Dille, where she claimed that the video was an emotional impulse, and that she deleted the video because of her family. She confirmed the content of the video (but did not want to go into details), did repeat her accusations towards the mayor and indicated that she was repeatedly threatened by 'Moroccans'. Journalists were unable to verify her claims from either the video or the interview.
After her death, the police and mayor said they had been in touch with Dille about the accusations, but never filed charges since she did not provide any further information on which an investigation could have been initiated.
- "W.R. (Willie) Dille". www.parlement.com (in Dutch). PDC. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- de Groot, Ingrid (2018-08-09). "PVV-raadslid Willie Dille overleden". www.ad.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Ondanks twijfel mag Willie Dille voor de PVV de Haagse raad in". Omroep West (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- de Jonge, Lex (2016-05-09). "Haagse PVV'er: Islam mag weggevaagd worden". www.ad.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- Klaassen, Niels (2018-02-03). "Rel rond woning raadslid van Haagse PVV: waar woont Willie?". www.ad.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- Klaassen, Niels (2018-03-29). "Waar woont Willie? Twijfel over woonplaats PVV'er blijft". www.ad.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Haags PVV-raadslid Dille: 'Ik ben ontvoerd en verkracht, collega Van Doorn zit erachter'". Omroep West (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Willie Dille ging door 'jaar van ellende'". Omroep West (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- du Pré, Raoul (2018-08-09). "Overleden Willie Dille (PVV) laat Haagse raad in verbijstering achter". volkskrant.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- 'Spartacus' (2018-08-08). "WTF-video. PVV-raadslid 070 Willie Dille beschuldigt Arnoud van Doorns "Marokkanen" van ontvoering en verkrachting". www.geenstijl.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Van de hoofdredactie: Bij het overlijden van Willie Dille". Omroep West (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- de Groot, Ingrid (2018-08-08). "Onduidelijkheid over verkrachting Haags raadslid". www.ad.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Haags PVV-raadslid Willie Dille dood gevonden". nos.nl (in Dutch). 2018-08-08. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "Haags PVV-raadslid Willie Dille overleden". Omroep West (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- de Groot, Ingrid (2018-08-10). "OM: 'Te weinig om onderzoek te starten naar verkrachting Willie Dille'". ad.nl (in Dutch). Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- (in Dutch) Parlement.com biography
|This article about a Dutch politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|