|No. 7 – Saskatchewan Roughriders|
|Born:||January 31, 1991|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school:||Beaumont (TX) Ozen|
|College:||Stephen F. Austin|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Career CFL statistics as of 2018|
|Player stats at CFL.ca|
Willie Hebert Jefferson III (born January 31, 1991) is a Canadian football defensive end for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at Stephen F. Austin. He has also been a member of the Houston Texans, Edmonton Eskimos, and Washington Redskins.
He attended Ozen High School. He was selected to the 4A all-state second-team in his senior year in high school. He was selected to the First-team All-District 20-4 and Port Arthur News Super Team while at high school.
He started his career as a wide receiver at Baylor University but was kicked off of the team after he and teammate Josh Gordon were found asleep in Jefferson's car at a local Taco Bell with marijuana in the car. Jefferson, who was driving, was kicked off the team due to it being his second violation. He transferred to Stephen F Austin and was named 2011 Southland Conference Newcomer of the Year in his Junior season. He led the Southland Conference in sacks with 16. He was selected to the Sports Network All-America second team, Phil Steele's Magazine All-America third team.
The Texans released Jefferson, along with two others players, on October 21 for unspecified violations of team rules prior to a game in Kansas City.
In 2014, Jefferson signed with the Edmonton Eskimos of the Canadian Football League (CFL). Jefferson played for two seasons with the Eskimos, playing in 35 games, contributing 40 defensive tackles, 10 quarterback sacks, and three forced fumbles.
In September 2016, Jefferson returned to the CFL and signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders rejoining his head coach from Edmonton. Jefferson was named a CFL All-Star in 2017, and in 2018 was nominated as the teams Most Outstanding Player and Most Outstanding Defensive Player after recording his first season with double digit sacks, and a pair of interceptions returned for touchdowns. Jefferson was again named to the CFL All-Star Team alongside teammate Charleston Hughes.
- "Baylor Bears Profile". baylorbears.com.
- "Stephen F. Austin Profile". sfajacks.cstv.com.
- "Texans sign four draft picks, 23 undrafted free agents". nbcsports.com. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- Ganguli, Tania (October 21, 2013). "Sources: Pot reason Texans cut 3". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- "Edmonton Eskimos have their own no. 99 in Willie Jefferson". edmontonsun.com.
- Smith, Michael (January 14, 2016). "Former Texans troublemaker Willie Jefferson lands in Washington". NBCSports.com. Retrieved January 31, 2016.
- "8/27:Redskins Make Roster Moves". Redskins.com.
- "Willie Jefferson returns to the CFL wearing green, but not the shade of the double-E". Edmonton Journal. 2016-09-29. Retrieved 2018-10-31.
- "CFL announces 2018 team award winners - CFL.ca". CFL.ca. 2018-10-31. Retrieved 2018-10-31.
- "Stars aligned: 2018 CFL All-Stars unveiled". Canadian Football League. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Willie Jefferson.|