Willie Perdomo is a Puerto Rican poet and children's book author. He is the author of The Essential Hits of Shorty Bon Bon (Penguin Poets, 2014), a National Book Critics Circle Awards finalist, Where a Nickel Costs a Dime (W. W. Norton & Company, a Poetry Society of America Norma Farber First Book Award finalist, 1996), Postcards of El Barrio (Isla Negra Press, 2002), and Smoking Lovely (Rattapallax Press, 2003), which received a PEN Beyond Margins Award. His children's book, Visiting Langston, received the Coretta Scott King Honor. Perdomo was also the recipient of a New York Foundation for the Arts Poetry Fellowship in 2001 and 2009. He is a Pushcart Prize nominee, and recently was a Woolrich Fellow in Creative Writing at Columbia University. He is co-founder/publisher of Cypher Books, a VONA/Voices faculty member, and is currently an Instructor in English at Phillips Exeter Academy.
Awards and honors
- 2014 National Book Critics Circle Award (Poetry) finalist for The Essential Hits of Shorty Bon Bon
- Willie Perdomo's author page at Norton Poets online.
- Willie Perdomo's author page at Rattapallax Press.
- Pen America Beyond Margins Awards page.
- List of Spindle's 2007 Pushcart Prize Nominees.
- "National Book Critics Circle Announces Finalists for Publishing Year 2014". National Book Critics Circle. January 19, 2015. Retrieved January 29, 2015.