Robertson in 2015
Willie Jess Robertson
April 22, 1972
Bernice, Louisiana, U.S.
|Residence||West Monroe, Louisiana, U.S.|
|Other names||“Boss Hog”|
Northeast Louisiana University
|Occupation||CEO of Duck Commander & Buck Commander, businessman, television personality, Fox News contributor.|
|Net worth||$20 Million|
Korie Howard (m. 1992)
|Children||6 (incl. Sadie)|
|Parent(s)||Phil Alexander Robertson|
Marsha Kay Carroway
|Relatives||Alan Robertson (brother)|
Lisa Robertson (sister-in-law)
Jason Robertson (brother)
Missy Robertson (sister-in-law)
Jules Jeptha Robertson (brother)
Jessica Robertson (sister-in-law)
John Howard (father-in-law)
Chrys Howard (mother-in-law)
Silas Robertson (uncle)
Willie Jess Robertson (born April 22, 1972) is an American TV personality, businessman, and author. He is best known for his appearances on the reality TV series Duck Dynasty on A&E, and is the current CEO of the company Duck Commander. Robertson lives in West Monroe, Louisiana with his wife Korie and his children: John Luke, Sadie, Will, Rowdy, Bella, and Rebecca.
Robertson was born at Tri-Ward General Hospital in Bernice, Louisiana, in Union Parish, to Phil and Marsha Kay Robertson. He was born 3 days before his father’s 26th birthday. He has two older brothers, Alan and Jase, and one younger brother, Jep. Willie grew up around hunting and the outdoors, and spent considerable time around Duck Commander, a small business run by his father. Willie handled various tasks at the company, including building duck calls and handling business calls.
Ever since childhood, Robertson and his brothers have been interested in the duck call business started by their father, Phil. Willie attended Harding University and graduated from NE Louisiana University. In 2014, Harding declared Willie and Korie Howard Robertson jointly as Outstanding Young Alumni. His business degree helped take Duck Commander from a family business to a multimillion-dollar empire. Duck Commander is the company that generated a great portion of the wealth that he has acquired and also generated the interest to start the TV show Duck Dynasty. In 2006, Robertson started another pursuit, the company Buck Commander. This company has also created the Buckmen series of DVDs and the television show Buck Commander Protected by Under Armour on the Outdoor Channel. Along with Si, he appeared on an episode of Last Man Standing, and made a cameo in the Christian film, God's Not Dead, with his wife.
Robertson is known for his Christian faith and often preaches about his faith to others. He is a member of the Churches of Christ. He is also almost always seen wearing a bandana in the pattern of the American flag on his head, and he often wears a white suit jacket to look more professional, though the jacket has drawn comparisons to The Dukes of Hazzard character Boss Hogg (Willie's Twitter handle is "williebosshog").
Robertson, like many of his family members featured on Duck Dynasty, is known for his ZZ Top-style beard.
- Billy the Exterminator (2010)
- Duck Dynasty (2012–2017)
- Last Man Standing (2013)
- God's Not Dead (2014) - Cameo appearance
- Whose Line Is It Anyway? (2015)
- Buck Commander (2006-2019)
- "'Duck Dynasty' Lures a Growing Audience on A&E | ENTERTAINMENT MAGAZINE NEWS". Magazineforever.com. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- Robertson, Willie and Korie (2012). The Duck Commander Family. New York: Howard Books. ISBN 9781476703541.
- "Willie Robertson". Duck Commander. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Outstanding Young Alumni Willie ('95) and Korie Howard ('95) Robertson". Harding Magazine. Searcy, Arkansas: Harding University Alumni Association. p. 26.
- Colston, Chase (23 October 2013). "'God's Not Dead' Movie Features Willie Robertson + One Man's Journey to Prove God's Existence [VIDEO]". KNUE. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Duck Dynasty's Willie Robertson Speaks About His Faith at Harding University - November 28, 2012. YouTube. 28 November 2012.
- Nelson James (2013-02-28). "Business Etiquette Lessons Learned from Duck Dynasty | Signs.com Blog". Signs.com. Retrieved 2016-07-27.
- "Willie Robertson (@williebosshog) - Twitter". twitter.com.
- "Gov. Bobby Jindal makes guest appearance in 'Duck Dynasty' season premiere tonight". Shreveport Times. June 11, 2014.