|Owner||Alaska DOT&PF - Central Region|
|Elevation AMSL||221 ft / 67 m|
Willow Airport (IATA: WOW, ICAO: PAUO, FAA LID: UUO) is a state-owned, public-use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) northwest of the central business district of Willow, in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. It is located across the road from Willow Lake and the Willow Seaplane Base (ICAO: 2X2).
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, Willow Airport had 2,703 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, an increase of 33% from the 2,025 enplanements in 2007. Willow Airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (2009-2013), which categorizes it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Willow Airport covers an area of 610 acres (250 ha) at an elevation of 221 feet (67 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 13/31 with a gravel surface measuring 4,400 by 75 feet (1,341 x 23 m). The airport is unattended.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2005, the airport had 7,700 aircraft operations, an average of 21 per day: 78% general aviation, 19% air taxi and 3% military. At that time there were 21 aircraft based at this airport: 90% single-engine, 5% multi-engine and 5% helicopter.
- Runway 13 non-standard markings; threshold marked with flexible reflective markers & cones.
- Runway 31 non-standard markings; displaced threshold marked with reflective markers & cones.
- Runway 31 approach slope 20:1 to displaced threshold.
- Credit card self serve fuel available 24 hours.
- Activate rotating beacon - CTAF.
- Activate MIRL runway 13/31 - CTAF.
- Runway condition not monitored; recommend visual inspection prior to using.
- Float planes on Willow Lake across road.
- When available weather reports hourly only.
- FAA Airport Master Record for UUO ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 27 Aug 2009.
- CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data (Preliminary). Federal Aviation Administration. Published 15 July 2009.
- Airport diagram for Willow Airport (UUO) (GIF). Federal Aviation Administration, Alaska Region. 20 Sep 2004.
- FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems: 2009-2013. Federal Aviation Administration. Published 1 Oct 2008.
- Great Circle Mapper: WOW / PAUO - Willow, Alaska. Retrieved 1 Sep 2009.
- FAA Terminal Procedures for UUO, effective April 27, 2017
- Resources for this airport: