Willow Meadows, Houston
Willow Meadows straddles the southwest corner of 610 Loop, but lies fully inside Beltway 8. The subdivision is next to Meyer Park, a shopping center. Willow Meadows is east of Meyerland, north of Willowbend, west of Westwood, and south of the city of Bellaire.
The neighborhood consists of a handful of tree-lined streets. The homes are generally 50- to 60-year-old ranch style houses. Because of its relatively short commute time to the Texas Medical Center, Downtown Houston, and Uptown Houston, the neighborhood is home to mostly upper-middle class professionals and educators. The neighborhood does border Brays Bayou which occasionally floods the northern reaches of the subdivision. However, flooding levels throughout the neighborhood tend to be lower than surrounding neighborhoods.
Willow Meadows is zoned to Houston ISD schools. All residents are zoned to Red Elementary School and Meyerland Performing and Visual Arts Middle School (formerly Johnston Middle School); Students zoned to Meyerland Performing Arts Middle School may attend Pin Oak Middle School in Bellaire instead. Residents north of West Bellfort are zoned to Bellaire High School (in Bellaire), while residents south of West Bellfort are zoned to Westbury High School.
Red Elementary is in Willowbend Section 4. Named after doctor Samuel Clark Red, it opened in 1957. It received a magnet program in mathematics, science, and technology, converted into a full STEM magnet in 2012. Circa 2019 it had about 600 students.
The Emery/Weiner School is east of the subdivision bordering the Westwood subdivision.
Parks and recreation
- Map. Willow Meadows. Retrieved on March 27, 2016. Map image (Archive).
- "Pin Oak Middle School." The Southwest District. Houston Independent School District.
- "Willow Bend, Section 4." JPG, PDF. Harris County Assessor's Block Book Map. Volume 83, Page 7. Retrieved on July 25, 2017.
- Home. Red Elementary School. Retrieved on July 25, 2017. "4520 Tonawanda Houston, TX 77035-3716"
- "School Histories Elementary Schools (K-Z)". Houston Independent School District. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- "Our History". Red Elementary School. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- "Willow Bend, Section 2." PDF, JPG. Harris County Assessor's Block Book Map. Volume 83, Page 7. Retrieved on July 25, 2017.
- Home. Trafton Academy. Retrieved on July 25, 2017. "Trafton Academy•4711 McDermed•Houston, Texas 77035"
- "Willow Meadows Sec. 3" (JPG, PDF). Harris County Assessor's Block Book Map. Volume 85, Page 81. Retrieved on July 25, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Willow Meadows, Houston.|