Willowcreek post office was established in 1937 and was discontinued by 1980. Today Willowcreek has a Vale mailing address. The post office took its name from Willow Creek, a prominent stream of the county that is a tributary of the Malheur River. The Union Pacific (UP) station here was named Lancaster (or Lancaster Station) after Lancaster, Pennsylvania. The station was on UP's Brogan Line, which was removed by UP. It was named by Brogan namesake D. M. Brogan, who was born in the Pennsylvania city.
- "Willowcreek". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. November 28, 1980. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- Oregon Atlas & Gazetteer (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. 2008. p. 79. ISBN 0-89933-347-8.
- "Chamber Business Directory". Vale Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. pp. 558, 1045. ISBN 978-0875952772.
- "Willowcreek Elementary School". Vale School District. Retrieved 2011-01-06.
|This Malheur County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|