Willowdale (provincial electoral district)
|Ontario electoral district|
Willowdale in relation to the other Toronto ridings
|Provincial electoral district|
|Legislature||Legislative Assembly of Ontario|
|Pop. density (per km²)||4,609.4|
In 1996, it was redefined to consist of the part of the City of North York bounded on the north by the borough limits (Steeles Avenue), and on the east, south and west by a line drawn from the borough limit south along the eastern limit of the city, west along the hydro-electric transmission line situated south of McNicoll Avenue, south along Highway 404, west along Finch Avenue East, south along the Don River East Branch, west along Highway 401, northwest along the Don River West Branch, north along Bathurst Street, east along Drewry Avenue, north along Chelmsford Avenue, west along Greenwin Village Road, and north along Village Gate to the northern city limit.
Since 2003, it consists of the part of the City of Toronto bounded on the north by the northern city limit (Steeles Avenue), and on the east, south and west by a line drawn from the city limit south along Victoria Park Avenue, southwest along the hydroelectric transmission line situated north of Apache Trail, south along Highway 404, west along Finch Avenue East, south along Leslie Street, southwest along Highway 401, northwest along the Don River West Branch, northeast along Bathurst Street, east along the hydroelectric transmission line situated north of Finch Avenue West and north along Yonge Street to the city limit.
Members of Provincial Parliament
|35th||1990–1995||Charles Harnick||Progressive Conservative|
|Sourced from the Ontario Legislative Assembly|
|Ontario general election, 2014|
|Progressive Conservative||Michael Ceci||15,468||33.47||-0.13|
|New Democratic||Alexander Brown||4,693||10.15||-2.70|
|Total valid votes||46,219||100.0|
|Source: Elections Ontario|
|Ontario general election, 2011|
|Progressive Conservative||Vince Agovino||14,528||33.60||-1.32|
|New Democratic||Alexander Brown||5,556||12.85||+4.35|
|Total valid votes||43,239||100.00|
|Total rejected, unmarked and declined ballots||203||0.47|
|Source: Elections Ontario|
|Ontario general election, 2007|
|Progressive Conservative||David Shiner||15,418||34.92||-8.03|
|New Democratic||Rini Ghosh||3,755||8.50||+1.86|
|Family Coalition||Kristin Monster||405||0.92||-0.03|
|Independent||Charles Roddy Sutherland||121||0.27|
|Total valid votes||44,153||100.00|
|Ontario general election, 2003|
|Progressive Conservative||David Young||19,957||42.95||-7.57|
|New Democratic||Yvonne Bobb||3,084||6.64||+2.38|
|Family Coalition||Rina Morra||442||0.95||+ 0.02|
|Total valid votes||46,466||100.00|
|Ontario general election, 1999|
|Progressive Conservative||David Young||22,200||50.52||-3.47|
|New Democratic||Mikael A. Swayze||1,871||4.26||-9.57|
|Family Coalition||Jim Conrad||409||0.93|
|Natural Law||Claude Viau||75||0.17|
|Total valid votes||43,939||100.00|
|Ontario general election, 1995|
|Progressive Conservative||Charles Harnick||18,834||53.99||+18.77|
|New Democratic||Julie McCrea||4,825||13.83||-13.05|
|Natural Law||Michael Beifuss||253||0.73|
|Total valid votes||34,883||100.00|
|Ontario general election, 1990|
|Progressive Conservative||Charles Harnick||11,957||35.22||+1.18|
|New Democratic||Batya Hebdon||9,125||26.88||+9.8|
|Family Coalition||Mark Vosylius||1,074||3.16|
|Total valid votes||33,947||100.00|
|Ontario general election, 1987|
|Progressive Conservative||Charles Harnick||11,509||34.04|
|New Democratic||Batya Hebdon||5,774||17.08|
|Total valid votes||33,811||100.00|
2007 electoral reform referendum
|Ontario electoral reform referendum, 2007|
|First Past the Post||25,491||59.6|
|Mixed member proportional||17,281||40.4|
|Total valid votes||42,772||100.0|
- For a listing of each MPP's Queen's Park curriculum vitae see below:
- For Gino Matrundola's Legislative Assembly information see "Gino Matrundola, MPP". Parliamentary History. Toronto: Legislative Assembly of Ontario. 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- For Charles Harnick's Legislative Assembly information see "Charles Harnick, MPP". Parliamentary History. Toronto: Legislative Assembly of Ontario. 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- For David Young's Legislative Assembly information see "David Young, MPP". Parliamentary History. Toronto: Legislative Assembly of Ontario. 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- For David Zimmer's Legislative Assembly information see "David Zimmer, MPP". Parliamentary History. Toronto: Legislative Assembly of Ontario. 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-08.
- "General Election Results by District, 101 Willowdale" (PDF). Elections Ontario. 2015. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Official return from the records / Rapport des registres officiels - Willowdale" (PDF). Elections Ontario. 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2014.