Wilmington is an unincorporated community in Hogan Township, Dearborn County, Indiana.
Wilmington was laid out in 1815. It was once the county seat.
A post office was established at Wilmington in 1817, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1907.
Wilmington is located at 39°03′45″N 84°56′48″W / 39.06250°N 84.94667°W.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Shaw, Archibald (1915). History of Dearborn County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. Indianapolis: B. F. Bowen and Company, Inc. p. 176.
- ^ History of Dearborn and Ohio Counties, Indiana. F. E. Weakley. 1885. p. 116.
- ^ "Dearborn County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 31 August 2014.