Wilmington High School (Massachusetts)
|Grades||High school (9-12)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.4|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue, Columbia Blue and White|
|Rival||Tewksbury Memorial High School (Tewksbury, MA)|
|Average SAT scores||514 verbal
1549 total (2015-2016)
New High School Project
Wilmington was approved by the state of Massachusetts to build a new High school. On January 9, 2013 it was announced the schools gymnasium would be torn down. Many saw this to be a big step forward in the construction of a much needed 21st century education for the students of Wilmington. Nearly two years after the demolition of the gymnasium, the new high school was completed. An event celebrating the school's completion was held on Sunday, February 22, 2015, and students moved into the new school on February 24, 2015. Demolition of the old high school began in March 2015, and the rest of the athletic facilities by the end of 2015.
The school has a two-day rotating schedule with four classes a day including a lunch block. Each class is an hour and a half long, with three different half-hour lunch periods throughout the day. On White Days, there is a W2 period which functions as a study hall. Blue Day: pd(s) 1-2-3-4 White Day: pd(s) 1-2-3-4
In 2012, the Wilmington High School Boys' Hockey Team won the school's first Division 2 state championship.
In 2013, the Wilmington High School Boys' Hockey Team won the Division 2 state championship again, beating Franklin High School in the championship game for the second year in a row.
On February 2, 2013, the boys' varsity indoor track team lost to neighboring Burlington's track team in its final meet, which ended an otherwise undefeated season. The team finished second in its league. They went on to lose to Burlington's track team again in Spring, finishing second in the league, however they were given a sportsmanship award for all of D3 track teams. The boys' soccer team won the Middlesex league small division in 2013 and looks to repeat in 2014.
- Jason Bere, former MLB pitcher
- Ryland Blackinton, guitarist of Cobra Starship
- Mike Esposito, former NFL player
- "Wilmington High - Enrollment/Indicators". Massachusetts Dept of Elementary & Secondary Education. Retrieved 2008-09-05.
Students: 1,001 (2007-2008)
- "SAT Performance Report - School and District Profiles: Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education". Profiles.doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 2016-11-21.
- "Wilmington High boys' hockey wins Div. 2 state title". Wicked Local Wilmington.
- James Albert (January 4, 2003). "Bere has many fond memories of his old high school coach". The Lowell Sun.
- Pevear, David (January 6, 2013). "They've got ties to 'School Ties'". Lowell Sun. Retrieved January 7, 2015.