Wilson's Creek Confederate order of battle
The following Confederate States Army units and commanders fought in the Battle of Wilson's Creek of the American Civil War, fought on August 10, 1861 near Springfield, Missouri. Though identified with the Confederates, the Missouri State Guard were technically an independent army, as Missouri had not yet seceded, and were not folded into the Confederate Army of the West until March 17, 1862. Though identified with the Confederates, the Arkansas State Trooops were technically not yet Confederate troops. Arkansas had seceded on XX and be recognized as a Confederate States, but Brigadier General Nichols Pearce's troops had not been transferred from the State of Arkansas to the Confederate Government and had not been sworn into Confederate Service. After the battle, Pearce's troops voted to disband rather than enter Confederate Service.
The Union order of battle is shown separately.
- k = killed
- w = wounded
Confederate Forces at Wilson’s Creek
BG Benjamin McCulloch
|Brigade||Regiments and Others|
|Pearce’s Division, Arkansas State Troops||
Missouri State Guard
MG Sterling Price (w)
|Division||Brigade||Regiments and Others|
Col Richard Hanson Weightman (k)
Col James Cawthorn
|Third Division||commanded directly||
|Fourth Division||commanded directly||
|Sixth Division||commanded directly|
|Seventh Division||commanded directly||
- Multiple commander names indicate command succession of command during the battle or the campaign.
- McIntosh acted as McCulloch's adjutant and second-in-command during the battle, and exercised command of the brigade while McCulloch commanded the army. See Piston & Hatcher, p. 214.
- Embry exercised tactical command of the regiment during the battle. See Piston & Hatcher, p. 214.
- Rector was Pearce's adjutant general and took command of the 4th Arkansas after Walker fell ill on August 10 (Piston & Hatcher, p. 208).
- While scouting for a position to place his battery, Guibor was cut off behind Union lines during the remainder of the battle (Piston & Hatcher, pp. 240–241).
- NPS Order of Battle
- Brooksher, William Riley. Bloody Hill: The Civil War Battle of Wilson’s Creek (Washington: Brassey’s, Inc.), 2000. ISBN 1-57488-205-8
- Piston, William Garrett & Richard W. Hatcher, III. Wilson's Creek: The Second Battle of the Civil War and the Men Who Fought It (Chapel Hill, NC: The University of North Carolina Press), 2003. ISBN 0-8078-5575-8