Wilsondale, West Virginia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Wilsondale, West Virginia
Unincorporated community
Wilsondale, West Virginia is located in West Virginia
Wilsondale, West Virginia
Wilsondale, West Virginia
Wilsondale, West Virginia is located in the US
Wilsondale, West Virginia
Wilsondale, West Virginia
Location within the state of West Virginia
Coordinates: 37°57′13.36″N 82°19′39.5″W / 37.9537111°N 82.327639°W / 37.9537111; -82.327639Coordinates: 37°57′13.36″N 82°19′39.5″W / 37.9537111°N 82.327639°W / 37.9537111; -82.327639
Country United States
State West Virginia
County Wayne
Population (2000)
 • Total 74
Time zone Eastern EST) (UTC-5)
 • Summer (DST) CDT (UTC-5)
ZIP code 25699
Area code(s) 304
GNIS feature ID 1549993[1]

Wilsondale is an unincorporated community located in southern Wayne County, West Virginia, United States. Wilsondale has a post office with ZIP code 25699; as of the 2000 Census, the population of this ZIP Code Tabulation Area was 74.[2] It is a part of the Huntington-Ashland, WV-KY-OH, Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). As of the 2000 census, the MSA had a population of 288,649.

Geography[edit]

Wilsondale is located at 37°57′13″N 82°19′40″W / 37.95361°N 82.32778°W / 37.95361; -82.32778. Wilsondale is in the Eastern Time Zone (UTC -5 hours) and observes Daylight Saving Time.

Demographics[edit]

Wilsondale's ZCTA had a population of 74, with 41 males and 33 females, at the 2000 census. 98.6% of the population was white, while the remaining 1.4% was American Indian or Alaska Native. There were 32 households with an average household size of 2.64. The average house value was listed at $45,000, with an average household income of $21,375. The median age of the general population was 46.30 years, with the male median age at 41.80 and the female median age at 50.30.[2]

Notable residents[edit]

References[edit]

  1. ^ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Wilsondale, West Virginia
  2. ^ a b "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. 
  3. ^ Sellinger, Margie Bonnett (December 18, 1989). "Stripper Blaze Starr Recalls Her Affair with the Governor". People. 32 (25). Archived from the original on May 5, 2012. Retrieved March 16, 2013. 
  4. ^ Newground Hollow is an area of Wilsondale per "Obituary: Bennie Fleming". Williamson Daily News (Williamson, West Virginia) via Legacy.com. Archived from the original on June 16, 2015. Retrieved June 16, 2015. Born June 9, 1948, at NewGround [sic] Hollow in Wilsondale.... Survivors include ... sisters, Berta Gail Fleming (Freelin) and Blaze Starr, both of Wilsondale 

External links[edit]