|Population||5,955 (2016 census)|
|• Density||1,103/km2 (2,856/sq mi)|
|Area||5.4 km2 (2.1 sq mi)|
|Location||5 km (3 mi) WNW of Toowoomba|
|State electorate(s)||Toowoomba North|
The suburb, officially named in 1981, is believed to honour James T. Wilson, an 1870s businessman and supporter of the Toowoomba Agricultural Society. The suburb was amended in 2006 after the gazettal of Wilsonton Heights as a separate suburb.
The suburb contains two State Primary schools and one Catholic Primary school. The schools are:
- Wilsonton State School (1894)
- Fairview Heights State School (1995)
- Sacred Heart Primary School (1968)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Wilsonton (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Wilsonton (entry 48095)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Wilsonton Heights (entry 48096)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Wilsonton+QLD+4350". Google Maps.
- "Wilsonton State School".
- "Fairview Heights State School".
- "Sacred Heart Primary School, Toowoomba".
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|