Wilsonville High School
|Wilsonville High School|
6800 SW Wilsonville Rd
|School district||West Linn-Wilsonville School District|
|Number of students||1,154 (2016-17)|
|Athletics conference||OSAA Northwest Oregon Conference 5A|
Wilsonville High School is a four-year suburban, public high school in Wilsonville, Oregon, United States. Part of the West Linn-Wilsonville School district, Wilsonville HS opened in 1995 and has grown steadily to its current population of just over 1200 students. It offers a wide variety of academic programs, sports, and extracurricular activities as well as a thriving art program. The student body makeup is 52 percent male and 48 percent female, and the total minority enrollment is 26 percent.
In 2016, Wilsonville High School received a silver ranking from U.S. News and World Report, and was ranked 7th in the state. Standardized test scores show Wilsonville above the state average in reading, writing, math and science. Its 2015 graduation rate of 94% is also among the highest in Oregon.
Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement coursework and exams in science, mathematics, language arts, social studies, world language, and art. The AP participation rate at Wilsonville High School was 62 percent in 2015.
The athletic program at Wilsonville High School is an integral part of the educational process. Athletics offer a positive and meaningful experience that will enhance the growth and development of all young men and women who participate.
As a member of a district that strives to fully develop each student's potential, Wilsonville High School values the multiple-sport athlete and encourages all students to participate in as many different interscholastic programs as possible.
- Boys' cross country: 1999, 2001, 2002, 2005
- Football: 2004
- Boys' basketball: 2005, 2016, 2017, 2019
- Girls' basketball: 2001, 2002
- Girls' swimming: 2000, 2001, 2002
- Girls' golf: 2017
- Boys' golf: 1998
- Boys' tennis: 1999
- Girls' tennis: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2010, 2011
- Boys' track & field: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006
- Girls' track & field: 1999
- Dance: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- "Staff Directory, Wilsonville High School". West Linn - Wilsonville School District. Retrieved Feb 4, 2016.
- "Wilsonville High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 18, 2019.
- David Stabler, "High-Tech High", The Oregonian, September 5, 1995.
- Laura Trujillo, "New Wilsonville High Will Be High-Tech", The Oregonian, February 10, 1995.
- U.S. News and World Report
- Adam Guenther, "The Coolest Football Coach Ever", The Oregonian, October 1, 2010.
- "Your Schools." Wilsonville High School, The Oregonian. Accessed 2 Nov. 2016.