Wilsonville High School
|Wilsonville High School|
|6800 SW Wilsonville Rd
Wilsonville, Oregon, Clackamas 97070
|School district||West Linn-Wilsonville School District|
|Number of students||~1200|
|Color(s)||Blue and Silver|
|Athletics conference||OSAA Northwest Oregon Conference 5A|
Wilsonville High School is 4 -year suburban, public high school in Wilsonville, Oregon. Part of the West Linn - Wilsonville School district, Wilsonville HS opened in 1995 and has grown steadily to its current population of just over 1200 students. Wilsonville High School offers a wide variety of academic programs, sports, and extracurricular activities as well as a thriving art program. The student body makeup is 52 percent male and 48 percent female, and the total minority enrollment is 26 percent.
Referred to as “high tech” when it opened in 1995, Wilsonville High School was praised for providing network computers in each classroom and internet access for all students.
In 2016, Wilsonville High School received a silver ranking from US News and World Report and is ranked 7th within the state of Oregon. Standardized test scores show Wilsonville above the state average in reading, writing, math and science and with a 2015 graduation rate of 94%, they are also among the highest in Oregon.
Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement course work and exams in science, mathematics, language arts, social studies, world language,and art. The AP participation rate at Wilsonville High School was 62 percent in 2015.
The Athletic program at Wilsonville High School is an integral part of the educational process. Athletics offer a positive and meaningful experience that will enhance the growth and development of all young men and women who participate.
As a member of a district that strives to fully develop each student’s potential, Wilsonville High School values the multiple-sport athlete and encourages all students to participate in as many different interscholastic programs as possible.
- Boys Cross Country: 1999, 2001, 2002, 2005
- Football: 2004
- Boys Basketball: 2005, 2016
- Girls Basketball: 2001, 2002
- Girls Swimming: 2000, 2001, 2002
- Boys Golf: 1998
- Boys Tennis: 1999
- Girls Tennis: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2010, 2011
- Boys Track & Field: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006
- Girls Track & Field: 1999
- "Staff Directory, Wilsonville High School". West Linn - Wilsonville School District. Retrieved Feb 4, 2016.
- Laura Trujillo, "New Wilsonville High Will Be High-Tech", The Oregonian, February 10, 1995.
- David Stabler, "High-Tech High", The Oregonian, September 5, 1995.
- Adam Guenther, "The Coolest Football Coach Ever", The Oregonian, October 1, 2010.
- "Your Schools." Wilsonville High School, The Oregonian, schools.oregonlive.com/school/West-Linn-Wilsonville/Wilsonville-High-School/. Accessed 2 Nov. 2016.