Wilsonville High School
|Wilsonville High School|
|Wilsonville, Oregon, Clackamas 97070
|School district||West Linn-Wilsonville School District|
|Number of students||1044 (2008)|
|Color(s)||Blue and Grey/silver|
|Athletics conference||OSAA Northwest Oregon Conference 5A|
Wilsonville High School is a public high school in Wilsonville, Oregon. Wilsonville opened in 1995 and doubled in capacity in 2005. In 2007, the school was ranked as the 526th best high school in the United States by Newsweek.
Also, Wilsonville High has a wide variety of AP classes to tailor to each students' needs in their plans for the future. Wilsonville's AP classes have been awarded by College Board in the past few years.
The school features the largest expanse of artificial turf in any high school in the Northwest.
In the first ten years of its existence, the school has collected at least 25 state trophies. Many of these were won by the cross country team and track and field teams (8 state championships). Wilsonville has also won state championships in men's football, women's swimming, women's dance team, women's basketball (2001 and 2002) and men's basketball.
Boys Cross Country: 1999, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2015
Boys Basketball: 2005, 2016
Girls Basketball: 2001, 2002
Girls Swimming: 2000, 2001, 2002
Boys Golf: 1998
Boys Tennis: 1999
Girls Tennis: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2010, 2011
Boys Track & Field: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006
Girls Track & Field: 1999
Wilsonville was called “high tech” when it opened in 1995. It was praised for providing network computers in each classroom—most of which were donated by local computer companies—and internet access for all students. The school features an open digital library, computer porches for every four classrooms, and nine state-of-the-art science labs.
- "Staff Directory, Wilsonville High School". West Linn - Wilsonville School District. Retrieved Feb 4, 2016.
- Kulla, Josh. Newsweek honors WHS in top 1,200. Wilsonville Spokesman, May 30, 2007.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- Tam, Alex. Roller coaster ride continues for Wilsonville. Wilsonville Spokesman, April 18, 2007.
- Laura Trujillo, "New Wilsonville High Will Be High-Tech", The Oregonian, February 10, 1995.
- David Stabler, "High-Tech High", The Oregonian, September 5, 1995.
- Adam Guenther, "The Coolest Football Coach Ever", The Oregonian, October 1, 2010.