WinDiff is a graphical file comparison program published by Microsoft (from 1992)., and is distributed with Microsoft Windows support tools, certain versions of Microsoft Visual Studio and as source-code with the Platform SDK code samples. WinDiff was included in the Windows SDK (previously known as the Platform SDK, previously known as the Resource Kit) until Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 4 (a.k.a. Windows SDK 7.1). Because portions of the Windows SDK were shipped in Visual Studio, WinDiff was also included in Visual Studio until Visual Studio 2010. WinDiff was removed from the Windows 8 SDK and therefore is not included in Visual Studio 2012 or any later version.
- "Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools". Microsoft Download Center. Microsoft. Retrieved March 10, 2014. — Includes WinDiff
- "How to Use the Windiff.exe Utility". Microsoft Knowledge Base. Microsoft. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- Brad Hines (1992-10-22). "Details of SDK beta release".
- "How to Use the Windiff.exe Utility". Microsoft.
- Tim O'Reilly, Troy Mott, Walter J. Glenn. Windows 98 in a Nutshell: A Desktop Quick Reference. O'Reilly Media, Inc. pp. 425–427. ISBN 156592486X.
|This programming-tool-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|