|Single by Koda Kumi|
|from the album Best: Second Session|
|Released||February 12, 2006 (JP)|
|Genre||J-pop, pop rock|
RZCD-45311 (Japan, CD)
|Writer(s)||Koda Kumi, Kousuke Morimoto, h-wonder|
|Koda Kumi singles chronology|
Wind is a Japanese Pop song by Kyoto-born singer Koda Kumi and is the eleventh single in her 12 Singles Collection. Much like the other singles in the collection, this single is also limited to 50,000 copies. The single managed to chart at #3 on Oricon and charted for six weeks.
Wind is Japanese singer-songwriter Kumi Koda's eleventh single in her 12 Singles Collection. It peaked on the Oricon chanrts at #3 and remained on the charts for six weeks. As with most of the singles, Wind was limited to 50,000 copies.
The song was used as the theme song to Fuji TV's Torino 2006 Relay (トリノ2006 中継 / TORINO 2006 Chuukei).  It was also used as Kumi's final performance song during a-nation '06, which was changed from Shake It Up.
Wind was the second pop song Kumi released during the collection series, the first being Birthday Eve. The music video for the song featured Kumi's dog, Rum, becoming the second music video to do so, the first being Candy feat. Mr. Blistah.
In 2011, Rum died due to heart issues.
David praised the song for being a "feel good song" with a "cute beat." Hajime Mashite praised Kumi's voice in the song and the story in the music video. Jae, however, had a more neutral response, saying that while they found the song "cute," it was the music video that had them enjoy the song. They criticized how poppy the song was, but still gave it a positive review.
In Japan, Utauinu said how it was their "favorite out of the 12 singles" and that it had "the best lyrics and melody." BRZ said that the song was good, but it was the music video that had them enjoying it.
"Wind" was not part of the story-themed videos.
The music video for Wind carried a cute story of a scientist experimenting on her assistant, played by Rum (Kumi's dog), with comical results. The entire video was filmed in front of a green screen with hand-drawn animation that Kumi would interact with.
Kumi would do this style again for the music video of her 2008 song Wonderland.
As with the other singles in the collection, the cover of the single takes inspiration from a different country and/or culture. Wind's cover takes inspiration from Italy due to the Torino 2006 Relay taking place in Italy.
|1.||"WIND"||Koda Kumi • Kousuke Morimoto||h-wonder||Kousuke Morimoto|
|2.||"WIND" (Instrumental)||h-wonder||Kousuke Morimoto|
- WIND: Found on the single and corresponding album BEST ~second session~ (2006)
- WIND [Instrumental]: Found on the single (2006)
- WIND [Portable Wind Mix]: Found on Koda Kumi Remix Album (2006)
- "WIND / KODA KUMI / ORICON STYLE". Oricon. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- "WIND Torino 2006 Relay". Recochoku. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- "Koda Kumi's dog Rum passed away". Arama they didn't!. Retrieved August 22, 2016.
- "Cutomer Reviews - Koda Kumi - WIND (Korean Version)". Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- "Koda Kumi, Kosuke Morimoto, h-wonder: WIND (50,000 Limited Edition)". Amazon Japan. Retrieved August 26, 2016.
- "WIND - Koda Kumi". Rhythm Zone. Retrieved January 20, 2016.