Wind power in Romania
||This article needs to be updated. (November 2016)|
Romania has the highest wind potential in continental Europe of 14,000 MW; in 2009 investors already had connection requests of 12,000 MW and the national electricity transport company Transelectrica offered permits for 2,200 MW. A study of Erste Bank places Romania and especially the Dobrogea Region with Constanţa and Tulcea counties as the second best place in Europe (after Scotland) to construct wind farms due to its large wind potential. Another study made by the Romanian Energy Institute (REI) said that wind farms could contribute with 13 GW to the national power generation capacity by 2020, and between 2009 and 2017 total wind farm capacity will comprise 4,000 MW with investments of US$5.6 billion.
|Wind power in Romania|
- List of wind farms in Romania
- Energy in Romania
- Solar power in Romania
- Geothermal power in Romania
- Hydroelectricity in Romania
- Renewable energy by country
- "Romania Ranks 7th In EU By Installed Wind Farm Capacity In 2010". Mediafax. 2011-02-02. Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- "Potential de investitii in eolian de peste 4 mld. euro". Potential de investitii in eolian de peste 4 mld. euro (in Romanian). Business Standard. 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- "Dobrogea, pe locul doi în Europa ca potenţial eolian". Dobrogea, pe locul doi în Europa ca potenţial eolian (in Romanian). Evenimentul Zilei. 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2009-02-05.
- "Primele 70 de turbine eoliene de la Fantanele sunt ridicate CEZ e aproape gata sa "aprinda becul" in 120.000 de case" (in Romanian). Ziarul Financiar. 2010-04-20.
- EWEA: "Wind in power: 2012 European statistics", February 2013
- EWEA (February 2014). "Wind in power: 2013 European statistics" (PDF). European Wind Energy Association. Retrieved 2014-11-05.
- EWEA (February 2015). "Global Wind Statistics" (PDF). European Wind Energy Association. Retrieved 2015-04-08.