Windham Quin, 2nd Earl of Dunraven and Mount-Earl
Windham Henry Quin, 2nd Earl of Dunraven and Mount-Earl (29 September 1782 – 6 August 1850) was an Irish Peer.
The eldest son of Valentine Richard Quin, 1st Earl of Dunraven and Mount-Earl, he was styled Lord Adare from 1816 to 1822 and Viscount Adare thereafter until he succeeded to the Earldom on the death of his father in 1824. He took the additional surname of Wyndham, becoming Windham Wyndham-Quin, on 7 Apr. 1815.
Marriage & progeny
- Edwin Wyndham-Quin, 3rd Earl of Dunraven and Mount-Earl (1812–1871)
- Captain the Hon. Windham Henry Wyndham Quin (2 November 1829 – 1865), who on 24 January 1856 married Caroline, third daughter of Rear Admiral George Tyler, K.H., of Cottrell, Glamorgan, M.P., and had issue.
- Lady Anna Maria Charlotte Wyndham Quinn (November 1814 – 7 January 1855), who married William Monsell, 1st Baron Emly on 11 August 1836.
- "QUIN (afterwards WYNDHAM QUIN), Windham Henry (1782-1850), of Adare, co. Limerick.". History of Parliament Online. Retrieved 18 June 2014.
- Lodge, Edmund, Norroy King of Arms, &c., The Peerage of the British Empire & Baronetage, 27th edition, London, 1858, p. 203–4.
- Leigh Rayment's Peerage Pages [self-published source][better source needed]
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Earl of Dunraven and Mount-Earl
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Charles Silver Oliver
|Member of Parliament for County Limerick
With: William Odell 1806–1818
Richard FitzGibbon 1818–1820
|Peerage of Ireland|
|Earl of Dunraven and Mount-Earl
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, for a constituency in Ireland between 1801 and 1922 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an earl in the Peerage of Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|