Windhoek Rural is a constituency in the Khomas Region of Namibia. Its district capital is the settlement of Groot Aub. As of 2010[update] its population was 20,212. This constituency contains all settlements in the Khomas Region that are outside the city of Windhoek, among them:
The main economic activity in this constituency is farming and related work like gardening, seed production, and firewood collection; 90% of the area consists of commercial farms.
The 2015 regional election were also won by SWAPO whose Penina Ita gained 2,372 votes. Willem Hendrik Vries of the Democratic Turnhalle Alliance (DTA) came second with 848 votes, followed by Bernard Gaoseb of the Republican Party (RP) with 415 votes.
- "Windhoek Rural Constituency is too vast". New Era. 18 September 2014.
- Kapitako, Alvine (12 November 2010). "ELECTIONS 2010: Khomas Region profile". New Era. Archived from the original on 5 December 2012.
- "Presidential and National Assembly Elections 2009". Supplement to several Namibian newspapers. Electoral Commission of Namibia. November 2009.
- Matundu-Tjiparuro, Mae (28 February 2011). "Khomas Region, a constitutional, political and geographical hybrid". Focus on: Khomas Region. supplement to New Era. p. 3.
- "Regional Council Election Results 2015" (PDF). Electoral Commission of Namibia. 3 December 2015. p. 10.
|This Namibia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|