WindMade is a global (Brussel's based) consumer label for companies, events and products using wind power in their operations or production. It is aimed at promoting wind power and is guided by a Technical Advisory Board, which includes various scientists, and third-party auditors. The organization is a non-profit NGO established by seven Founding Partners: United Nations Global Compact, WWF, Global Wind Energy Council, LEGO Group, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), Bloomberg L.P. and Vestas Wind Systems.
- Hilda Toonen and Han Lindeboom, Dark green electricity comes from the sea, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, (42) 2015.
- Official website WindMade
- The WindMade labeling program
- UN Global Compact: UN Global Compact Appoints WindMade Sustainability Partner of Rio+20 Corporate Sustainability Forum (11 April 2012)
- AFP: New wind-energy label gains Deutsche Bank support (18 November 2011)
- Financial Times: Companies sign up to WindMade scheme (18 November 2011)
|This article about wind power is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|