Windmill Theatre Company
Windmill Theatre Company Inc is a non-professional theatre company located in the outer-Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria. Specifically, their activities occur, and the bulk of their members reside, in the municipalities of Casey, Cardinia and Dandenong. In the past, the company has produced a variety of show types but currently specialises in musical theatre and are members of the Music Theatre Guild of Victoria.
The Company started in 1968 as Westernport Light Opera Society, performing in Koo Wee Rup and in the years that followed, shows have been performed in many different theatres and halls as far from Melbourne as Wangaratta. The name changed to Westernport Theatre Company (WTC) and more recently to Windmill Theatre Company.
The company is currently preparing a pantomime to be performed in the January School Holidays: Jack and the Bean Stork is an original take on a classic fairy tale written by Damien Mizzi to be performed at the Cranbourne Community Theatre in Cranbourne
- "About Windmill Theatre Company". Archived from the original on 2007-06-22. Retrieved 2007-03-20.
- "Past Productions". Retrieved 2007-03-20.[dead link]
- "Star News Group - Guys and Dolls to rock the stage". Retrieved 2007-03-20.
- "Star News Group - A First for Windmill". Retrieved 2007-04-18.
- "Star News Group - Broadway goes on show, musically". Retrieved 2007-04-18.
- City of Casey Website
- "Music Theatre Guild of Victoria Inc". Musictheatreguildvic.org. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- Pakenham Gazette, 15 May 1968