Mwende Window Snyder|
1975 (age 42–43)
|Occupation||Chief security officer, computer scientist|
Window Snyder (1975– ) is chief security officer, vice president and general manager of Intel's Platform Security Division. She has previously been chief security officer at Fastly, Apple, and Mozilla Corporation. She is co-author of Threat Modeling, a standard manual on application security.
Snyder is the daughter of an American father and a Kenyan-born mother, Wayua Muasa.
Snyder was Director of Security Architecture at @stake and was a senior security strategist at Microsoft in the Security Engineering and Communications organization, most notably as security lead and signoff on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2003. She also created the Blue Hat Microsoft Hacker Conference. After leaving Microsoft in 2005, she worked as a principal, founder, and CTO at Matasano Security. She joined Mozilla in September 2006.
Intel's Software and Services Group senior vice president and general manager, Doug Fisher, announced in July 2018 that Snyder would become the company's Platform Security Division's chief security officer, vice president and general manager.
- Swiderski, Frank; Snyder, Window (2004), Threat Modeling; Microsoft professional, Microsoft Press, ISBN 0-7356-1991-3
- Jackson Higgins, Kelly (June 25, 2018), "Intel Names Window Snyder as Chief Software Security Officer", Dark Reading
- Rudolph, Laura C. (2014), Riggs, Thomas, ed., "Kenyan Americans", Gale Encyclopedia of Multicultural America (3 ed.), Detroit, 3, pp. 1–9
- 'Geek girl' helps keep Mozilla safe in scary times
- Evers, Joris. "Mozilla looks to Microsoft for security". ZDNet. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 23 September 2017.
- Mozilla taps former Microsoft executive for security strategy (Robert McMillan, Computerworld Security, 6 September 2006)
- Welcome to Window Snyder! (schrep's blog, 6 September 2006) — Mozilla hiring announcement
- "Fastly Adds Key Enterprise Security Leadership" (Press release).
- Fisher, Doug. "The Cybersecurity Community Driving Insights into Security Solutions" (Press release).