|Occupation||Chief Security Officer, Computer Scientist|
Window Snyder is Chief Security Officer at Fastly and the former Chief Security Something-Or-Other (a tongue-in-cheek Chief Security Officer title) at Mozilla Corporation. She is co-author of Threat Modeling, a standard manual on application security.
Snyder is the daughter of an American father and a Kenyan-born mother, Wayua Muasa.
Snyder was Director of Security Architecture at @stake and was a senior security strategist at Microsoft in the Security Engineering and Communications organization, most notably as security lead and signoff on Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2003. After leaving Microsoft in 2005, she worked as a principal, founder, and CTO at Matasano Security. She joined Mozilla in September 2006.
- Frank Swiderski and Window Snyder.., Threat Modeling (Microsoft Professional) (Microsoft Press, July 14, 2004, ISBN 0-7356-1991-3)
- Firing Up Browser Security (Federico Biancuzzi, SecurityFocus, 2008-06-20)
- 'Geek girl' helps keep Mozilla safe in scary times
- Mozilla taps former Microsoft executive for security strategy (Robert McMillan, Computerworld Security, 6 September 2006)
- Welcome to Window Snyder! (schrep's blog, 6 September 2006) — Mozilla hiring announcement