Window on the World
|Window on the World|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||January 27– April 14, 1949|
Each episode featured performers from various countries, with film clips of exotic locales. Merle Kendrick conducted the orchestra. Other featured performers included comedian Gil Lamb and actress Irene Manning. The program, produced and distributed by DuMont, aired Thursday nights at 9 pm Eastern Time on most DuMont affiliates.
The UCLA Film and Television Archive holds one episode from March 25, 1949.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|