Windsor Township, Morgan County, Ohio
|Windsor Township, Morgan County, Ohio|
Corn harvest in the Big Bottom, east of Stockport
Location of Windsor Township in Morgan County
|• Total||43.6 sq mi (113.0 km2)|
|• Land||42.7 sq mi (110.5 km2)|
|• Water||1.0 sq mi (2.5 km2)|
|Elevation||794 ft (242 m)|
|• Density||45.7/sq mi (17.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086695|
Windsor Township is one of the fourteen townships of Morgan County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 1,951 people in the township, 1,411 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Meigsville Township - north
- Center Township - northeast
- Waterford Township, Washington County - east
- Watertown Township, Washington County - southeast, north of Palmer Township
- Palmer Township, Washington County - southeast, south of Watertown Township
- Wesley Township, Washington County - south
- Marion Township - southwest
- Penn Township - west
- Malta Township - northwest, west of Morgan Township
- Morgan Township - northwest, east of Malta Township
The village of Stockport is located in western Windsor Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
As of 2007, the trustees are Phillip Eckert, Columbus Cheadle, and Mark Murphy, and the clerk is Kerrie Greuey.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Morgan County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Windsor Township Officials, Morgan County. Accessed 2007-07-02.