|President||Dr. Srinivas Gaddam (deceased)|
|Dean||Dr. Andy Vaithilingham|
|Students||1,500 (Fall 2011)|
|Colors||Blue and gold|
Windsor University School of Medicine is a private offshore medical school located in Cayon, Saint Mary Cayon Parish, Saint Kitts and Nevis in the Caribbean. Windsor confers upon its graduates the Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree. The university also has clinical education campuses in Carbondale, Illinois and Houghton Lake, Michigan. Administrative offices are located in Monee, Illinois.
Windsor was founded in December 1998 on Grand Turk Island in Turks and Caicos by Dr. Srinivas Gaddam. Instruction began with a class of eight students. In 2000, the university relocated to Bird Rock, a town in the Saint George Basseterre Parish in Saint Kitts, with twelve students.
In 2004, Windsor acquired the Royal Plaza Inn in Carbondale, Illinois as a site for 5th semester training and announced plans to relocate the Bird Rock campus to the town of Cayon in the Saint Mary Cayon Parish. Windsor began construction on the new Cayon campus in 2006. Windsor acquired the Atrium Plaza hotel in Houghton Lake, Michigan and the Sidney Inn in Sidney, Ohio for use as additional 5th semester training sites in 2009 and 2010, respectively.
Currently the Windsor campus at Cayon contains six buildings on 42 acres (0.17 km2; 0.066 sq mi) of land. The most recent addition, the Robert Llewellyn Bradshaw building, was completed in September 2010, at which time the enrollment was approximately 1,100 students. Also in September 2010, Windsor announced plans for further expansion with new laboratories and a 1500-seat auditorium. The university enrollment was approximately 1,500 students as of October 2011.
The MD program at Windsor is a 10 semester course of study that consists of three semesters per calendar year. Semesters 1-4 are basic sciences semesters that are completed at the university's Saint Kitts campus. Semester 5 (Introduction to Clinical Medicine) is completed either at the Saint Kitts campus or at one of the university's three clinical education campuses in the United States. Semesters 6-10 consist of 72 weeks of clinical clerkships that are completed at either Joseph Nathaniel France General Hospital in Saint Kitts or hospitals in the United States.
Accreditation and recognition
Windsor University School of Medicine is chartered in Saint Kitts and accredited by the Accreditation Board of Saint Kitts and Nevis, a recognized accrediting agency listed in the FAIMER Directory of Organizations that Recognize/Accredit Medical Schools (DORA). The university is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools and accreditation is pending by the CAAM-HP in 2020.
Several student organizations exist at Windsor. These include, but are not limited to:
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- Student Government
- Students for Health, a volunteer community service organization.
- Eye On You Foundation, formed to "cater for and improve the quality of life for the elderly."
- Muslim Students Association
- Christian Students Association
- International medical graduate
- List of medical schools in the Caribbean
- Medical School
- International medical graduate
- "SKNVibes | In Memory: Srinivas Gaddam, MD". www.sknvibes.com.
- "Windsor University School of Medicine held its Inaugural Commencement Exercises". SKNVibes. 4 October 2011. Retrieved 8 October 2011.
- "FAIMER International Medical Education Directory - School Details". faimer.org. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Windsor University School of Medicine - Contact Us". windsor.edu. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Upscale Housing and Tourism Development Initiatives Unveiled for Cayon" (Press release). Office of the Prime Minister of St. Kitts & Nevis. 18 August 2004. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- Stephen Rickerl (30 January 2011). "Royal Plaza Inn - a med school?". The Southern. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- Cheryl Holladay (1 October 2009). "Atrium Plaza site of medical boards study conferences". The Houghton Lake Resorter. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- Tom Barnett (13 July 2011). "Extensive renovations under way at Sidney Inn". Sidney Daily News. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Windsor University School of Medicine - Student Academic Policies and Procedures Handbook" (PDF). windsor.edu. p. 62. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Medical University names new classroom building in honour of Sir Robert Llewellyn Bradshaw". SKNVibes. 18 September 2010. Retrieved 11 August 2011.
- "Windsor University Plans to Expand". The St. Kitts-Nevis Observer. 24 September 2010. Retrieved 10 August 2011.
- "Windsor University School of Medicine - Curriculum". windsor.edu. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Windsor University School of Medicine - Clinical Rotations". windsor.edu. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Windsor University School of Medicine - Premed/MD Program". windsor.edu. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Accredited Institutions - St. Kitts & Nevis Accreditation Board". gov.kn. Retrieved 9 October 2012.
- "FAIMER - Directory of Organizations that Recognize/Accredit Medical Schools - Saint Kitts and Nevis". faimer.org. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "School Detail". search.wdoms.org. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "Caribbean Accreditation Authority for Education in Medicine and Other Health Professions". www.caam-hp.org. Retrieved 14 September 2018.
- "AMSA International Medical Schools". amsa.org. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "A place for second chances – Windsor University School of Medicine". SKNVibes. 26 August 2010. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Windsor University students spread love at Cardin Home". SKNVibes. 15 February 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
- "Windsor University donates to Haitian earthquake relief". SKNVibes. 9 March 2010. Retrieved 8 August 2011.
https://www.windsor.edu/academics/pre-medical-sciences/Caribbean Pre Medical University | Windsor University School of Medicine Accredited Caribbean Medical School | Windsor University School of Medicine Apply to Caribbean Medical School | Windsor University School of Medicine