Windy City Jamboree
|Windy City Jamboree|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||120 minutes|
|Original release||March 19, 1950 – June 18, 1950|
Windy City Jamboree was an American popular music program on the DuMont Television Network from March 19 to June 18, 1950. The show aired live from the Rainbow Gardens nightclub in Chicago, Illinois on Sunday nights from 8pm to 10 pm ET, using the facilities of DuMont affiliate WGN-TV.
The cast included Danny O'Neil, Gloria Van, Jane Brockman and Bud Tygett, Jimmy McPartland, Dick Edwards, "Woo Woo" Stephens, Paula Raye, John Dalz, and the Julian Stockdale Orchestra.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|