|Tour by Wings|
|Associated album||Back to the Egg|
|Start date||23 November 1979|
|End date||29 December 1979|
|No. of shows||20|
|Wings concert chronology|
Following the main part of the tour, Wings teamed up with an all-star cast of musicians and took the name Rockestra to perform a series of Concerts for the People of Kampuchea at the Hammersmith Odeon in London.
It was originally to have been the first leg of a planned world tour, with further stops scheduled in Japan, Europe and America. However, it became Wings' final concert tour, after McCartney's marijuana arrest in Tokyo the following January.
A recording of "Coming Up" from Glasgow on 17 December 1979 of the tour was released on the single in April 1980 taking the A-side in the United States and becoming a number one hit. The Glasgow show itself was widely bootlegged under the title 'Last Flight'.
With the beginning of Paul McCartney Archive Collection album reissues in 2010 more songs from a Glasgow show have been released. Band on the Run reissue received "No Words" and "Band on the Run" as pre-order bonus tracks, McCartney included "Every Night", "Maybe I'm Amazed" and "Hot as Sun" and McCartney II included "Coming Up" as bonus tracks.
|23 November 1979||Liverpool||England||Royal Court Theatre|
|24 November 1979|
|25 November 1979|
|26 November 1979|
|28 November 1979||Manchester||Manchester Apollo|
|29 November 1979|
|1 December 1979||Southampton||Gaumont Theatre|
|2 December 1979||Brighton||Brighton Centre|
|3 December 1979||London||Lewisham Odeon|
|5 December 1979||The Rainbow Theatre|
|7 December 1979||Wembley Arena|
|8 December 1979|
|9 December 1979|
|10 December 1979|
|12 December 1979||Birmingham||Birmingham Odeon|
|14 December 1979||Newcastle upon Tyne||Newcastle City Hall|
|15 December 1979||Edinburgh||Scotland||Edinburgh Odeon|
|16 December 1979||Glasgow||The Apollo|
|17 December 1979|
|29 December 1979[A]||London||England||Hammersmith Odeon|
- Festivals and other miscellaneous performances
- A This concert was a part of "Concerts for the People of Kampuchea"
Tour set list
- "Tokyo Officials Hold Paul for Drugs". The Michigan Daily. January 17, 1980. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- Wasserman, Harry. "Paul's Pot-Bust Shocker Makes Him A Jailhouse Rocker". High Times, July 1980. Retrieved 17 March 2010.
- "Paul McCartney & Wings – Last Flight Definitive Edition (Misterclaudel MCCD-05/06) – Collectors Music Reviews".
- Wings Average Setlists of year: Wings UK Tour 1979, http://www.setlist.fm/stats/average-setlist/wings-23d68837.html?tour=Wings+UK+Tour+1979