This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: WING|
S&P 600 Component
|Genre||Casual fried chicken restaurant|
Garland, Texas, U.S.
Number of locations
|Charles R. Morrison (CEO)|
Wingstop Inc. is a chain of nostalgic, aviation-themed restaurants specializing in chicken wings. Wingstop locations are decorated following a 1930s and 1940s "pre-jet" aviation theme. The restaurant chain was founded in 1994 in Garland, Texas, and began offering franchises in 1998. Since then, Wingstop has grown into a chain with more than 1,000 restaurants either open or in development. The chain is headquartered in Addison, Texas.
Wingstop's first location opened in 1994, in Garland, Texas. The founders, Antonio Swad and Bernadette Fiaschetti, had already opened Pizza Patrón in 1986, when they were dating.
The menu consists of wings, boneless wings, and chicken strips, with a variety of dips and sides.
The flavors on the US market that are still available are; Hawaiian, barbecue sauce, garlic Parmesan, lemon pepper, mild, original hot, hot lemon, garlic, atomic, mango habanero, Cajun, Louisiana rub, and spicy Korean.
Previous US market chicken flavors included Brazilian citrus, teriyaki, Old Bay Seasoning, harissa, lemon pepper, ancho honey glaze, and combination sauces consisting of a mix of two or more sauces, such as Volcano (Hawaiian and mango habanero), Dragon's Breath (atomic and Korean), Saint Louis Barbecue/Bayou Barbecue (original hot, barbecue, and Louisiana rub).
The US Market sides have included Kentucky bourbon baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw, freshly-made chips and salads and entrees such as sliders, submarine sandwiches, quesadillas and chicken sandwiches. However, due to the underselling of these products, Wingstop removed these menu options. Currently offered sides include fries (cheese, voodoo, and buffalo), Cajun fried corn, and veggie sticks (carrots and celery).
As of June 2018, Wingstop has locations in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Panama, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Colombia, and United Arab Emirates. Wingstop states a location(s) in France are coming soon.
- Ruggless, Ron (June 25, 2019). "Wingstop to relocate headquarters". Nations Restaurant News. Retrieved June 26, 2019.
- "Wingstop Inc. Announces New Corporate Headquarters in Addison, TX". Wingstop. June 25, 2019. Retrieved December 7, 2019.
- "Roark Capital Group Acquires Wingstop" (PDF) (Press release). Roark Capital Group.
- Nasr, Reem (June 12, 2015). "Wingstop surges in IPO to close 61% higher". Retrieved April 25, 2019.
- "Wingstop and Troy Aikman ink new deal". FastCasual. June 4, 2006. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
- "Wingstop Menu".
- "History - Wingstop". Wingstop. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- Official website
- Business data for Wingstop Inc.:
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|