Winnemucca Municipal Airport
Winnemucca Municipal Airport (Franklin Field)
|Location||Humboldt County, Nevada|
|Elevation AMSL||4,308 ft / 1,313 m|
Winnemucca Municipal Airport (IATA: WMC, ICAO: KWMC, FAA LID: WMC) is six miles southwest of Winnemucca, in Humboldt County, Nevada. The airport was renamed Franklin Field on April 20, 2019, in honor of Lt. Col. Irl “Leon” Franklin, a decorated Vietnam War veteran and combat pilot who earned the Silver Star for his lead role in Operation Ivory Coast.
The airport covers 968 acres (392 ha) at an elevation of 4,308 feet (1,313 m). It has two asphalt runways: 14/32 is 7,000 by 100 feet (2,134 x 30 m) and 2/20 is 4,800 by 75 feet (1,463 x 23 m). It has two concrete helipads (H1 and H2) each 25 by 25 feet (8 x 8 m).
In the year ending June 30, 2012 the airport had 25,575 aircraft operations, average 70 per day: 94% general aviation, 6% air taxi, and <1% military. 34 aircraft were then based at this airport: 94% single-engine and 6% multi-engine.
- Media related to Winnemucca Municipal Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- "Diagram of Winnemucca Municipal Airport (WMC)" (PDF). from Nevada DOT
- Aerial image as of June 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for WMC, effective January 2, 2020
- Resources for this airport:
|This Nevada airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|