Winny Puhh performing on the television show Ringvaade
|Genres||Punk rock , Heavy metal|
|Members||Indrek Vaheoja (Korraldajaonu),|
Silver Lepaste (Kartauto),
Ove Musting (Jürnas Farmer),
Indrek Nõmm (Koeraonu),
Kristjan Oden (Väikepax),
Olavi Sander (Doktor O)
Winny Puhh is an Estonian metal/punk band formed in 1993. The founding members, Ove, Indrek, and Olavi knew each other from their school (Põlva Gymnasium). In 2009, the drummer Olavi Sander (Olevik) temporarily left the band and was replaced by Kristjan (Väikepax). Later however Olevik returned and the band has two drummers now. Many of their performances involve costumes.
After thirteen years together, they became better known in 2006 with the song "Nuudlid ja hapupiim" (Noodles and Sour Milk) winning them a spot on Raadio 2's yearly hit songs.
In 2008, Winny Puhh's music video "Vanamutt" (The Old Lady) was nominated for the Estonian Music Awards (Eesti Muusikaauhinnad). In 2009, Henry Kõrvits, better known under the stage name G-Enka, joined Winny Puhh for the song "Peegelpõrand" ("Mirror Floor"), garnering them sixth place with 456 votes in the 2009 Raadio 2 Top 40.
In 2013, Winny Puhh participated in the Estonian national final for the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest with the song "Meiecundimees üks Korsakov läks eile Lätti", but they finished third behind Birgit Õigemeel and Grete Paia. Olav Ruitlane and Mr. Korsakov (the character in the song) were sent for press interviews. An extended version of "Meiecundimees üks Korsakov läks eile Lätti" was performed in Paris at the Rick Owens fashion show. A part of the show was performed upside down, just like the qualification round for the Eurovision Song Contest. The drummers were attached with their instruments on a vertical stand and were rotating for the whole performance.
- Indrek Vaheoja (Korraldajaonu) – Vocals
- Silver Lepaste (Kartauto) – Guitar
- Ove Musting (Jürnas Farmer) – Guitar, Vocals
- Indrek Nõmm (Koeraonu) – Bass guitar
- Kristjan Oden (Väikepax) – drums, percussion
- Olavi Sander (Doktor O) - drums, percussion
- "Täämba õdagu praadimi kunna" (Legendaarne Rokenroll Records, 2006)
- "Brääznik" (Legendaarne Rokenroll Records, 2010)
- "Kes Küsib" (Clockwork Records, 2014)
- Alari Koel. "Winny Puhh salvestas maru lühifilmi". 7. September 2006
- Rando Tooming: "Winny Puhh: "Töö on nõrkadele ja pööblile". 16. January 2010
- Laupäevane kompott. 10. September 2006
- Helen Uldrich.Aastahitid 2005: Padar, Nexus, Terminaator. Eesti Päevaleht ("Estonia Daily"), 05. January 2006
- Andri Maimets, Karilin Engelbrecht, Helen Teesalu. Muusikud soovivad ühte auhinda. 02. April 2008
- AASTAHITT 2009: Parim kodumaine lugu on Koit Toome "Kaugele siit" 02. January 2010.
- Meiecundi Winny Puhh kogub fänne teispool ookeani 28. March 2013
- Winny Puhh ei tea, miks ta konkursil osaleb, Eesti Laul 1013, 15. January 2013
- Rock Owens Spring/Summer 2014 Menswear on Youtube
- Eurovision Rejects Winny Puhh Perform Upside-Down at Rick Owens
- Vidrik Võsoberg. Winny Puhh ajab udu ja teeb uut plaati. LõunaLeht, 7 July 2009
- Mari Leosk. Setod: Winny Puhh pole mingid setod. LõunaLeht, 28 January 2010
- Russell Smith. Who (or what) is Winny Puhh? You'd know if you saw the Eurovision Song Contest. The Globe and Mail, 3 April 2013