Winona station from the northeast
|Location||65 East Mark Street
Winona, MN 55987
|Line(s)||Canadian Pacific Railway River Subdivision|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Passengers (2017)||17,595 6.9%|
Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway Station
|Area||Less than one acre|
|NRHP reference #||13000327|
|Added to NRHP||May 28, 2013|
Winona is a historic train station in Winona, Minnesota, United States. It is served by Amtrak's daily Empire Builder service. It was originally built in 1888 by the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad, known later as the Milwaukee Road. A former Milwaukee Road freight house also exists here.
The station was designed by architect John T. W. Jennings. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2013 as the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway Station for having local significance in the theme of transportation. It was nominated for representing the development of train transportation in Minnesota with Winona as a major rail hub.
Other stations for Winona
Winona also had a station used by the Chicago and North Western Railroad that was located near downtown, until it was torn down in 1980. The original Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Empire Builder stopped at the Winona Junction station, which was on the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi river on what is now the BNSF Northern Transcon line.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of Minnesota" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2017. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Winona County, Minnesota Railroad Structures
- Potter, Janet Greenstein (1996). Great American Railroad Stations. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. p. 360. ISBN 978-0471143895.
- "Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway Station". National Register of Historic Places Program. National Park Service. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- Gaut, Greg (2012-12-17). "National Register of Historic Places Registration Form: Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railway Station" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- Media related to Winona (Amtrak station) at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak – Stations – Winona, MN
- Winona Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Winona, MN (WIN) (Amtrak's Great American Stations)