Winona Independent School District
Winona Independent School District is a school district based in Winona, Texas (USA) and covering all of the city of Winona as well as the communities of Red Springs, Sand Flat, Starrville, and East Texas Center (Owentown). In 2009, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. The rankings of the individual schools are broken down as follows:
- Exemplary: 0
- Recognized: 2
- Academically Acceptable: 2
- Academically Unacceptable: 0
For the 2003-2004 school year, the district had 987 students enrolled.
- Ethnic composition: African American - 18%; Hispanic - 11%; White - 71%
- 2004 Tax rate: $1.57 per $100 of property valuation
- Total taxable value: $200,142,244
- Winona High School
- Winona Middle School
The Winona high school is new and improved.