Winston Churchill High School (Eugene, Oregon)
|Winston Churchill High School|
|1850 Bailey Hill Road|
Eugene, Lane County, Oregon 97405
|Motto||Lancer Pride|
|School district||Eugene School District|
|Number of students||1,203 (2015-16)|
|Color(s)||Red, white, & blue |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Midwestern League 5A-4|
In 2008, 93% of the school's seniors received their high school diploma. Of 276 students, 258 graduated, 8 dropped out, 6 received a modified diploma, and 4 remained in high school for the following academic year.
Rachel Carson Center
The Center for Natural Resources offers another alternative to the traditional high school curriculum. Students enrolled in this program spend a portion of their time at the Rachel Carson Center and the rest of their time at their home high school. The center provides students with experience, knowledge, and skills that relate to the natural environment.
- Football: 1978
- Softball: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 2016
- Boys Basketball: 1995, 2001
- Boys Tennis: 2007, 2008, 2015 Singles State Champion - Nathan Hampton
- Boys Soccer: 2008
- Boys Track: 2001, 2002, 2015
- Girls Track: 1971, 1983, 1987
- Girls Volleyball: 1974
- Cheerleading: 2001, 2003(co-ed)
- Dance: 2008
- Baseball: 2017
- Margaret Bailes — Track and Field Athlete
- Evan Dunham - retired professional mixed martial artist, competed in the UFC's Lightweight Division
- Ryan Hoover — Venture Capitalist
- Jordan Kent — Football player, Seattle Seahawks, St. Louis Rams
- Stanley G. Love — Astronaut
- Brad Lamm — Author and Interventionist, Founder of Breathe Life Healing Centers
- Eric A. Stillwell - Producer and writer
- David Vobora — Football player, St. Louis Rams
- Jenny Wade — Actress
- Anthony Wynn - Author and playwright
- Steve Greatwood - Oregon Football Player & Offensive Line Coach
- Andrea Damewood - Award winning journalist 
Child development center
Churchill hosts an educational preschool program for children aged 2½ to five years old. The state licensed program also provides an opportunity for the high school students to gain credit and experience working with the children.
- "Oregon School Directory 2008–09" (PDF). Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Churchill High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 3, 2018.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Archived from the original on 2011-09-16. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Rachel Carson High School". Archived from the original on 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2009-08-23.
- "Evan Dunham UFC Bio". Retrieved 2014-01-01.
- "Ryan Hoover". Retrieved 2017-07-16.
- "SPJ NW Excellence in Journalism winners". Retrieved 2017-12-25.
- "Child Development Center" (PDF). G'Lancer. 2009-08-01. Retrieved 2009-08-23.[dead link]