Winston Heights-Mountview, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Gian-Carlo Carra|
|Elevation||1,090 m (3,580 ft)|
|• Average Income||$41,065|
|Website||Winston Heights-Mountview Community Association|
Winston Heights/Mountview is a residential neighbourhood in the north-east quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by 32 Avenue to the north, the Nose Creek and Deerfoot Trail to the east, Trans-Canada Highway to the south and Edmonton Trail to the west. Fox Hollows and The Winston Golf Club golf course are developed at the eastern edge of the neighbourhood.
It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 9 councillor.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Winston Heights/Mountview had a population of  With a land area of 3 km2 (1.2 sq mi), it had a population density of 1,300/km2 (3,400/sq mi) in 2012.3,891 living in 1,883 dwellings, a 3.5% increase from its 2011 population of 3,760.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $41,065 in 2000, and there were 24.5% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 18.7% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 21.1% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 36.8% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Georges P. Vanier Bilingual Junior High and Mount View Elementary public schools.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Winston Heights/Mountview Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- City of Calgary Planning (2005). "Winston Heights/Mountview Area Redevelopment Plan" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-11.[dead link]
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 9 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-09.[permanent dead link]