|Owner||Université de Montréal|
|Operator||Université de Montréal|
|Université de Montréal Carabins|
The CEPSUM (French: Centre d’éducation physique et des sports de l’Université de Montréal, also le Stade du CEPSUM) is a multi-purpose complex sport centre located on the campus of the Université de Montréal in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The CEPSUM hosts the Montreal Carabins teams.
In 1963-1964, the Université de Montréal purchased the building belonging to the Young Men's and Young Women's Hebrew Association, situated on the corner of Park Avenue and Mount Royal Avenue. The Centre at that time had a swimming pool, a gymnasium, a palestre, and an auditorium. The Montreal Carabins of this period used the outside installations of the Jeanne-Mance Park. The Physical educational Department and the Carabins occupied these places until 1976, year of the official inauguration of the CEPSUM which was built for the Montreal Olympics.
The CEPSUM hosted the fencing and the fencing part of the modern pentathlon events during the 1976 Summer Olympics. Following the Olympics, the CEPSUM became the sport centre for the Université de Montréal. In 2004, after almost 30 years of use, important renovation work took place (costing $12 million). These important renovations were completed at the beginning of 2011.
- An Olympic swimming pool and a diving tank with springboards
- An outdoor stadium of 5,100 seats with a soccer field or Canadian Football
- An ice hockey arena of 2,460 seats (can be converted to a 5,000-seat amphitheatre) - also called Winter Stadium; home to the Montreal Carabins women's ice hockey
- A triple gymnasium and simple volleyball gymnasiums
- A large training room
- A weight room for training
- A sports hall containing a wall for rock climbing
- A running track
- A golf practice area
- Several tennis courts
- Several squash and racquetball courts
- Multifunction rooms
- Changing rooms
- A palestre
- Summer Olympics official report 1976, Volume 2. pp. 144-9. (in French)
- Jeanne Coriveau, Le CEPSUM sera rajeuni au coût de 12 millions, Le Devoir (in French)
- Le CEPSUM fait peau neuve (in French)
- Clinique de médecine du sport (in French)
- Clinique de kinésiologie (in French)
- Football universitaire (in French) Archived February 25, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- Official website (in French)