Winterborne Herringston, also Winterbourne Herringston, is a small civil parish and hamlet containing about 600 acres in Dorset, England, 1.4 miles south of Dorchester. The only significant structure is Herringston House, a Grade II* listed 14th-century manor house which has been the home of the Williams family since 1513.
It was originally part of the parish of the abandoned village of Winterborne Farringdon, and from the 17th to the 19th century of Winterborne Came. Ecclesiastically it is now included in the parish of Winterborne Monkton.
- RCHME Dorset, vol 2: Winterborne Herringston
- HistoricEngland.org.uk: Herringston House
- often known as the South Winterborne, as opposed to the North Winterborne
- A D Mills, 1977: "Place Names of Dorset", vol 1 (Survey of English Place-Names LII). ISBN 9780904889024
- RCHME Dorset, vol 2: Winterborne Came
- DorchesterAnglican.info: Winterborne Monkton
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Winterborne Herringston.|