Winton Professor of the Public Understanding of Risk
The Winton Professorship of the Public Understanding of Risk is a professorship within the Statistical Laboratory of the University of Cambridge. It was established in 2007 in perpetuity by a benefaction of £3.3m from the Winton Charitable Foundation, and is the only professorship of its type in the United Kingdom. There is an associated internet-based program devoted to understanding uncertainty.
List of Winton Professors
- Statutes and Ordinances of University of Cambridge
- "‘Risk professor’ to help public", BBC News, 2007-01-16, retrieved 2009-12-31
- Henderson, Mark (2009-01-05), "Probability lessons", The Times, London
- Understanding uncertainty
- Hyams, Stephen (5 May 2016). "Meet the performing statistician". The Actuary. Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
- Rathi, Akshat (26 March 2016). "A Cambridge professor on how to stop being so easily manipulated by misleading statistics". Quartz. Retrieved 2 September 2019.
-  £20 million donation to revolutionise physics research