7.4 / February 24, 2017
|Written in||C, C++ (with Qt), Objective-C|
|Operating system||Windows, macOS|
|License||Commercial proprietary software|
Wirecast works like a video switcher, controlling real-time switching between multiple live video cameras, while dynamically mixing in other source media, such as QuickTime movies, music, audio and slides to create professional broadcast productions for live or on-demand distribution on the web.
- Can broadcast to multiple services at once
- Support for multiple cameras
- Chroma key (blue/green screen)
- Scene transitions
- Built-in lower-third titling
- Desktop Presenter - makes Macintosh or Windows Desktop available as a source
- 3D Graphics
- QuickTime Streaming Server Support
- Keynote Integration
- Multiple Layers
- Multiple Broadcast Support, when ready to go live, it provides direct integration with a number of streaming service providers.
- A direct integration with Limelight Networks, adds support for Flash streaming
- Adds a built-in streaming service access from Ustream.
- Encoding support for Nvidia NVENC and Intel Quick Sync Video
- "Wirecast 7.4 Release Notes" (PDF).
- "Wirecast Tech Specs".
- "Wirecast 3.0.1, by Vara Software".
- "Telestream Acquires Vara Software".