Wireless Broadband Alliance
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA) is an industry association formed to promote interoperability between operators in the Wi-Fi industry, with the stated aim of providing an excellent user experience. To achieve this, the WBA promotes interoperability initiatives including the Next Generation Hotspot (NGH), Wi-Fi Roaming and the WBA's Interoperability Compliance Program. The WBA runs the Wi-Fi Global Congress, an industry meeting. and hosts webinars to share best practice and advance knowledge.
- The Wireless Broadband Alliance's Interoperability Compliance Program (ICP) provides a set of Wi-Fi guidelines for mobile operators to standardise the way devices connect to and roam on Wi-Fi networks. These guidelines include: security, device authentication, network implementation, and billing models and mechanisms.
- The Next Generation Hotspot (NGH) is a concept intended to make the end-user experience of public Wi-Fi networks, including roaming between and onto wireless hotspots, significantly simpler for devices, automatically handling the login and access processes.
The members of Wireless Broadband Alliance include a mix of Wi-Fi, mobile and broadband operators and wireless technology manufacturers. Members include AT&T, BT, Orange, NTT DoCoMo, China Mobile, Cisco, LG, Intel, Ericsson,CableLabs, MediaTek, Mosaik Solutions, NEC BIGLOBE, Qualcomm, Sharedband, Smith Micro, Spice Digital, Telkom Indonesia, The Cloud and Telecom New Zealand.
The WBA has partnerships with the following organisations:
- "Towerstream Recognized as First Operator to Receive Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA) ICP Certification". Market Watch. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "Wireless Broadband Alliance Bolsters Membership with New Additions from Across the Ecosystem". Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "Wi-Fi Global Congress". March 28, 2013.
- Zoe. "Beginner's Guide to Next Generation Hotspots". opengarden.net/. Archived from the original on June 15, 2013. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "Membership Profiles". www.wballiance.com. Wireless Broadband Alliance. Archived from the original on 31 March 2015.
- "Wireless Broadband Alliance and Wi-Fi Alliance® Collaborate on Hotspot Innovations | Wi-Fi Alliance". www.wi-fi.org.
- "Wireless Broadband Alliance and Wi-Fi Alliance® Collaborate on Hotspot Innovations". 21 June 2012. Retrieved 5 July 2013.