|Origin||Austin, Texas, United States|
|Genres||indie rock, post-punk, singer-songwriter|
|Labels||Cobaltworks Records (US)|
|Past members||Carlos Villarreal|
Wiretree is an American indie pop/indie rock band from Austin, Texas. Initially a solo project based on Kevin Peroni's homemade recordings, Wiretree now currently also includes Joshua Kaplan on guitar, Gregory White on guitar, Rachel Peroni on bass and Daniel Jones on drums. Their music is influenced by British rock, indie, singer songwriter, jazz with home-based recording and song structures. The band played one of the largest festivals in China, The Strawberry Festival in the Spring of 2013. Their fourth album, "Get Up" was released 2013.
Initially working under the pseudonym Wiretree, Kevin Peroni self-produced and performed the full-length album, Bouldin in 2007. The album's track, Big Coat was featured on the PBS series Roadtrip Nation. After the release of Bouldin, Peroni recruited band members from Craigslist and his wife, Rachel joined on bass guitar to solidify the project. The group released their second effort Luck in 2009 while being named Best kept secret by Blurt Magazine. The Canadian Television series Heartland featured Wiretree's song Whirl In early 2011. On January 26, 2011, the band was recorded on Austin City Limits Satellite Sets for KLRU. Also in 2011, Back in Town was used as the opening tune for the independent movie, Hold Your Peace. In 2013, Wiretree was featured in the season 2 finale of the PBS show, Hardly Sound. The Duplass Brothers produced movie Adult Beginners, featured two songs (Get up and The Shore) from the band in 2015. In 2016 the band's song Get Up was featured in a National Ad Council advertisement narrated by Matthew Mcconaughey asking the public to donate to Louisiana flood victims.
- Kevin Peroni – vocals, guitar, piano, drums
- Joshua Kaplan – guitar
- Rachel Peroni – bass
- Daniel Jones – drums, percussion
- Gregory White – guitar
- Bouldin LP (US, 2007) Cobaltworks Music
- Luck LP (US, 2009) Cobaltworks Music
- Make Up LP (US, 2011) Cobaltworks Music
- Get Up LP (US, 2013) Cobaltworks Music
- Towards the Sky LP (US, 2017) Cobaltworks Music
- Self Titled EP (2005) Self-released
- Careless Creatures EP (2020) Self-released
- You've got Tonight (US, 2017) Cobaltworks Music
- Rainy Corner (US, 2018) Cobaltworks Music
Used in Film/TV
- The Song Big Coat was used in the Season 2 episode 7 for CBS show, Walker on January 16, 2021
- The Song Nightlight was used in the Season 1 episode 17 for CBS show, Walker on July 22, 2021
- The Song Broken Foot was used in the Season 1 episode 7 for CBS show, Walker on March 17, 2021
- The Song Get Up was used in the UK trailer for feature film, Juliet Naked on July 9, 2018
- The Song The Shore was used in season 2 episode 4 of People of Earth on TBS August 14, 2017
- The Song Get Up was used in a national advertisement campaign (Ad Council) for Louisiana flood victims in September 2016.
- The songs Get Up and When You Were Young used in the Fox TV show Grandfathered in 2016
- The songs The Shore and Get Up were used in the film Adult Beginners in 2015
- The song Big Coat was used in the final episode of the ABC show Selfie in early 2015
- The song Out of my mind was used in the CBS series Person of Interest in the Spring of 2014
- The song When You Were Young was used in the CTV series Played late 2013
- The song Big Coat was used in episode 4 of Roadtrip Nation in 2008, broadcast on PBS.
- The song Get Up was used in season 4 episode 9 of The Listener on June 17, 2013, broadcast on CTV
- The song Whirl was used in season 4 episode 11 of Heartland in early 2011, broadcast on CTV
- The song Back in Town was used in the film Hold Your Peace in 2011
- ^ Interview, Blurt Magazine, October 6, 2009 June 10, 2009
- ^ "Roadtrip Nation", Season 5, October 10, 2009 October 10, 2009
- ^ "Best Kept Secret: Wiretree", Blurt Magazine, June 25, 2009 June 25, 2009
- ^ "TV.com Episode Guide", TV.com, November 1, 2011 January 9, 2011
- ^ "Austin City Limits Presents: Satellite Sets", Satellite Sets – Wiretree, January 26, 2011 January 26, 2011
- Official website
- Blurt Magazine, Interview: Best Kept Secret, June 25, 2009.
- Under the Radar Magazine, Feature: Premiere: Satellite Song, September 11, 2009.
- Magnet Magazine, Feature: MP3 at 3PM, November 8, 2009.
- KLRU Television Station, Taping: Austin City Limits: Satellite Sets, January 26, 2010.