Wisconsin Highway 25
|Maintained by WisDOT|
|Length:||85.81 mi (138.10 km)|
|South end:||MN 60 in Nelson|
| US 10 / WIS 85 in Durand
US 12 / WIS 29 in Menomonie
I-94 in Menomonie
US 8 in Barron
|North end:||WIS 48 in Rice Lake|
|Counties:||Buffalo, Pepin, Dunn, Barron|
State Trunk Highway 25 (often called Highway 25, STH 25 or WIS 25) is a state highway in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The route serves local traffic in the western part of the state, connecting Durand, Menomonie and Barron. It is two-lane surface road with the exception of urban multilanes within Menomonie.
WIS 25 begins at the Minnesota state line in Buffalo County on the Mississippi River. The route enters the state from Trunk Highway 60. WIS 25 briefly follows WIS 35 north in Nelson then follows the Chippewa River, passing through Maxville and entering Pepin County. After about three miles (5 km), WIS 25 enters Durand and joins US 10 west. After two miles (3 km) of concurrency, WIS 25 turns off northeast and enters Dunn County four miles (6 km) northeast.
WIS 25 junctions with WIS 72 in Downsville six miles (10 km) north of the county line. After another seven miles (11 km), WIS 25 enters Menomonie, junctions with WIS 29 near the University of Wisconsin–Stout campus and joins US 12 in the downtown area near Lake Menomin. WIS 25 splits from US 12 after a one-mile (1.6 km) concurrency with US 12 turning northwest. WIS 25 interchanges with I-94 one-half mile north of the US 12 turnoff. After a ten-mile (16 km) segment, the highway crosses WIS 170 in Wheeler. About five miles (8 km) north of Wheeler, WIS 25 joins WIS 64 east for one mile (1.6 km) before turning north again. The highway passes through Ridgeland on the Barron County line. WIS 25 passes west of Dallas, and through the small community of Hillsdale before entering Barron thirteen miles (19 km) north of the county line. The highway crosses US 8 in Barron. WIS 25 terminates at WIS 48 seven miles (11 km) north of Barron, or five miles (8 km) east of Rice Lake
The original alignment of WIS 25 was along the present-day route from Nelson to Menomonie. From Nelson southward, WIS 25 followed the routing of present-day WIS 35 to junction with then WIS 52 at Galesville. The route was truncated at Durand in the early 1920s and also extended to end at then STH-14 (present day US 8) and to WIS 48 a few years later.
||This section contains a table that is missing mileposts for one or more junctions.|
|Buffalo||Nelson||WIS 35 south||Southern terminus; south end of WIS 35 overlap|
|WIS 35 north||North end of WIS 35 overlap|
|Pepin||Durand||US 10 east / WIS 85||South end of US 10 overlap|
|US 10 west||North end of US 10 overlap|
|Menomonie||WIS 29 west||South end of WIS 29 overlap|
|US 12 east / WIS 29 east||North end of WIS 29 overlap; south end of US 12 overlap|
|US 12 west||North end of US 12 overlap|
|WIS 64 west||South end of WIS 64 overlap|
|WIS 64 west||North end of WIS 64 overlap|
|Barron||US 8 west (West Division Avenue) – Turtle Lake||Southern end of US 8 concurrency|
|US 8 east (East Division Avenue) – Cameron||Northern end of US 8 concurrency|
|WIS 48||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Bessert, Chris. "Wisconsin Highways: Highways 20-29 (Highway 25)". Wisconsin Highways. Retrieved 2007-03-20.
- Buffalo Co (pdf) (Map). Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- Pepin Co (pdf) (Map). Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- Dunn Co (pdf) (Map). Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- Barron Co (pdf) (Map). Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2008-01-12.
- "Original State Trunk Highway System in Wisconsin". Southeast Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission. 1918. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
- "Rand McNally Auto Road Atlas". Rand McNally. 1926. Retrieved 2007-01-10. The route was extended again to Nelson when WIS 35 was rerouted across a new bridge over the Chippewa River in 1933. Finally in 1947, The route was extended through Nelson and across the Mississippi River and connected to TH-60.