Wisconsin Wing Civil Air Patrol
The Wisconsin Wing of the Civil Air Patrol, the United States Air Force Auxiliary
|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col Denese Helgeland|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col Harvey Moss|
|Statistics as of September 2017|
The Wisconsin Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of Wisconsin. Wisconsin Wing headquarters are located in Madison, Wisconsin. The Wisconsin Wing consists of over 1000 cadet and adult members at multiple locations across the state of Wisconsin.
The Wisconsin Wing performs the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol: providing emergency services; offering cadet programs for youth; and providing aerospace education for both CAP members and the general public.
The Civil Air Patrol performs emergency services missions, including search and rescue (SAR) missions directed by the Air Force Rescue Coordination Center. Aircrews can perform visual and electronic searches, while ground teams home in on the search target with direction finding equipment. After a disaster, Civil Air Patrol personnel provide humanitarian support, including air/ground transportation, as well as an extensive communications network.
The Civil Air Patrol offers cadet programs for youth aged 12 to 21. Cadets participate in CAP activities, practice leadership skills, and learn academic material. The curriculum of the cadet program is composed of physical fitness, leadership development, character development and aerospace education. Cadets may earn promotions and more advanced leadership positions as they progress through the program.
The Civil Air Patrol offers aerospace education to both its own members and the general public.
The Civil Air Patrol provides aerospace education for CAP cadets and senior members by providing trips to conventions, airports, military bases, and other related places of aerospace interest.
To educate the public, the CAP informs the general public about aviation and space activities and supports thousands of aerospace education workshops for teachers at colleges and universities around the country. The Civil Air Patrol also maintains working relationships with local education agencies and several national organizations such as the FAA, NASA and the Air Force Association to facilitate aerospace education in schools.
The Wisconsin Wing is divided into six groups across the state, with each squadron being assigned as a component of a group based on its geographical location.
|WI000||Wisconsin Wing Reserve Squadron||Madison|
|North West Group||WI037||La Crosse Composite Squadron||La Crosse|
|WI053||Wild Rivers Composite Squadron||Hayward|
|WI058||R.I. Bong Senior Squadron||Superior|
|WI161||Eau Claire Composite Squadron||Eau Claire|
|North Central Group||WI135||Eagle River Composite Squadron||Eagle River|
|WI183||Stevens Point Composite Squadron||Stevens Point|
|WI194||Rib Mountain Senior Squadron||Wausau|
|North East Group||WI049||Tri-County Composite Squadron||Menominee|
|WI055||Fox Cities Composite Squadron||Appleton|
|WI166||248th Tactical Air Flight 169||Shawano|
|WI169||Brown County Senior Squadron||De Pere|
|WI197||Door County Composite Squadron||Casco|
|East Central Group||WI002||Timmerman Composite Squadron||Milwaukee|
|WI013||Sheboygan Composite Squadron||Plymouth|
|WI046||461st Wisconsin Composite Squadron||West Bend|
|WI086||Milwaukee Senior Support Squadron 10||Milwaukee|
|WI144||Ozaukee Composite Squadron||Grafton|
|South East Group||WI048||Waukesha Composite Squadron||Waukesha|
|WI059||Racine Composite Squadron||Racine|
|WI061||Milwaukee Composite Squadron 5||Milwaukee|
|WI064||Kenosha Composite Squadron||Kenosha|
|WI184||Walco Composite Squadron||Elkhorn|
|South West Group||WI008||Rock County Composite Squadron||Janesville|
|WI057||Colonel R.C. Jaye Memorial Composite Squadron||Watertown|
|WI151||Green County Flight||Oregon|
|WI153||Madison Composite Squadron||Madison|
|WI196||Col Sac Composite Squadron||Baraboo|
Employers within the borders of Wisconsin are required by law to give their employees who are members of the Civil Air Patrol up to fifteen days annually (though no more than five consecutive days at a time) of unpaid leave if those employees are called to respond to an emergency as a part of the Civil Air Patrol. Employers are forbidden from discriminating against a potential employee due to his or her membership in the Civil Air Patrol.
- Awards and decorations of the Civil Air Patrol
- Wisconsin Air National Guard
- Wisconsin State Defense Force
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol., login required
- "2014 Statistics" (PDF). Capmembers.com. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Emergency Services". Wisconsin Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Cadet Programs". Wisconsin Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Aerospace Education". Wisconsin Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Supplement 1 TO CAP Regulation 20-1" (PDF). Wisconsin Wing Civil Air Patrol Official Website. 16 February 2015. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory" (PDF). GoCivilAirPatrol.com. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "321.66 Leave for Civil Air Patrol service". Wisconsin Legislature. Retrieved 24 October 2017.