|Developer(s)||Paulo Gustavo Veiga, Pablo Luna|
|Stable release||WiseMapping 3.0.2 / January 10, 2014|
|License||WiseMapping Public License 1.0|
WiseMapping is a free mind mapping web based application written in Java, SVG and HTML5. WiseMapping is licensed under the WiseMapping Public License Version 1.0. It provides extensive export capabilities and a user friendly drag and drop mind map editor.
As with other mind mapping software packages, WiseMapping allows the user to edit a hierarchical set of ideas around a central concept. The non-linear approach assists in brainstorming new outlines and projects as ideas are added around the mind map.
WiseMapping most significant features are as follows:
- WebBase supporting Browsers such as Explorer 8 or higher, Chrome and Firefox 12 or higher.
- Folding branches
- Export/Import to Freemind document format
- Export document to PDF
- Exports image to PNG, JPEG and SVG
- Icons on nodes
- Notes on nodes
- Graphical links connecting nodes
- Easy to use drag and drop experience
- Sharing maps with multiple users.
- Web and file hyperlinks from nodes
- MySQL 5.x,Postgres and HyperSQL database support.
- Spanish,Catalan, German, English and French Support.
- OpenID and LDAP authentication support.
WiseMapping uses SVG and HTML5 for the mind map editor. The backend is based on Spring MVC and Spring REST 3.0. The mind map editor is highly decoupled from the Java back-end, enabling integration in other web based technologies.
- "SVG Open 2011: WiseMapping - 5 years of development with SVG.". 20011-08-02. Check date values in:
- "WiseMapping: For Those Who Need Simple Mind Mapping". 20013-3-12. Check date values in:
- "11 Free Mind Mapping Applications".
- "WiseMapping Makes Quick Work of Brainstorming With Your Team". 2008-12-22.