|• Total||3.75 km2 (1.45 sq mi)|
|Elevation||394 m (1,293 ft)|
|• Density||91/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Böbikon, Fisibach, Lengnau, Mellikon, Rümikon, Schneisingen, Siglistorf|
Wislikofen has an area, as of 2009[update], of 3.75 square kilometers (1.45 sq mi). Of this area, 2 km2 (0.77 sq mi) or 53.3% is used for agricultural purposes, while 1.33 km2 (0.51 sq mi) or 35.5% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 0.4 km2 (0.15 sq mi) or 10.7% is settled (buildings or roads).
Of the built up area, housing and buildings made up 6.4% and transportation infrastructure made up 4.3%. Out of the forested land, 34.1% of the total land area is heavily forested and 1.3% is covered with orchards or small clusters of trees. Of the agricultural land, 28.5% is used for growing crops and 24.0% is pastures.
Coat of arms
Wislikofen has a population (as of December 2018[update]) of 340 As of 2008[update], 46.6% of the population are foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years (1997–2007) the population has changed at a rate of -11.4%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German(98.5%), with English being second most common ( 0.6%) and Italian being third ( 0.3%).
As of 2008[update], the gender distribution of the population was 50.0% male and 50.0% female. The population was made up of 153 Swiss men (46.6% of the population), and 11 (3.4%) non-Swiss men. There were 150 Swiss women (45.7%), and 14 (4.3%) non-Swiss women. In 2008[update] there were three live births to Swiss citizens. Ignoring immigration and emigration, the population of Swiss citizens increased by 3 while the foreign population remained the same. There were three non-Swiss men who emigrated from Switzerland to another country and six non-Swiss women who emigrated from Switzerland to another country. The total Swiss population change in 2008 (from all sources) was a decrease of two and the non-Swiss population change was an increase of 3 people. This represents a population growth rate of 0.3%.
The age distribution, as of 2008[update], in Wislikofen is; 36 children or 11.1% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 33 teenagers or 10.2% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 42 people or 12.9% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 40 people or 12.3% are between 30 and 39, 44 people or 13.5% are between 40 and 49, and 60 people or 18.5% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 37 people or 11.4% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 17 people or 5.2% are between 70 and 79, there are 14 people or 4.3% who are between 80 and 89,and there are 2 people or 0.6% who are 90 and older.
As of 2000[update], there were 10 homes with 1 or 2 persons in the household, 35 homes with 3 or 4 persons in the household, and 66 homes with 5 or more persons in the household. As of 2000[update], there were 113 private households (homes and apartments) in the municipality, and an average of 2.9 persons per household. In 2008[update] there were 54 single family homes (or 42.9% of the total) out of a total of 126 homes and apartments. There were a total of 1 empty apartments for a 0.8% vacancy rate. As of 2007[update], the construction rate of new housing units was 0 new units per 1000 residents.
In the 2007 federal election the most popular party was the SVP which received 33.69% of the vote. The next three most popular parties were the CVP (30.53%), the Green Party (15.2%) and the SP (10.16%). In the federal election, a total of 161 votes were cast, and the voter turnout was 63.4%.
The historical population is given in the following table:
As of 2007[update], Wislikofen had an unemployment rate of 1.86%. As of 2005[update], there were 54 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 18 businesses involved in this sector. 31 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 4 businesses in this sector. 60 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 12 businesses in this sector.
In 2000[update] there were 180 workers who lived in the municipality. Of these, 124 or about 68.9% of the residents worked outside Wislikofen while 48 people commuted into the municipality for work. There were a total of 104 jobs (of at least 6 hours per week) in the municipality. Of the working population, 10.3% used public transportation to get to work, and 47.8% used a private car.
In Wislikofen about 70.5% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the school age population (in the 2008/2009 school year[update]), there are 39 students attending primary school in the municipality.
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- "Ständige Wohnbevölkerung nach Staatsangehörigkeitskategorie Geschlecht und Gemeinde; Provisorische Jahresergebnisse; 2018". Federal Statistical Office. 9 April 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office-Land Use Statistics 2009 data (in German) accessed 25 March 2010
- Flags of the World.com accessed 23-June-2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - STAT-TAB, online database – Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit (in German) accessed 23 September 2019
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office - Superweb database - Gemeinde Statistics 1981-2008 (in German) accessed 19 June 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 23-June-2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bevölkerungsdaten für den Kanton Aargau und die Gemeinden (Archiv) (in German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau - Aargauer Zahlen 2009 (in German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau (in German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office, Nationalratswahlen 2007: Stärke der Parteien und Wahlbeteiligung, nach Gemeinden/Bezirk/Canton (in German) accessed 28 May 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau-Bereich 11 Verkehr und Nachrichtenwesen (in German) accessed 21 January 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wislikofen.|