Wisma Sanyan side view
|Type||Office, restaurant, shopping mall|
|Location||Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia|
|Owner||Sanyan Holdings Sdn Bhd|
|Management||Pelita Towerview Sdn Bhd|
|Roof||126 m (413 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Mori Building Co.|
Opened in 2001, the building serves many purposes, amongst them shopping mall, restaurant and offices. It is the headquarters of Sanyan Group, which is one of Sarawak's largest timber companies. Besides that, government agencies such as the Public Works Department, Sarawak State Religious Department and also local authorities such as the Sibu Municipal Council (SMC) and Sibu Rural District Council (SRDC) are also based here. However most of the Government agencies (with the exception of Public Works Department, SRDC and SMC) have relocated to the brand-new Sarawak Islamic Complex building.
Sibu BASE Jump
Sibu BASE Jump is an annual event held in September. The event is organized by Sibu Tourism Task Force Group with Sibu Base Jumptechnical support by BASE Jumper from Australia and Malaysia. BASE jumpers launch from the top of the building and land in Sibu Town Square.
Sibu Tower Run
The inaugural Sibu Tower Run was held in conjunction with Visit Sibu Year in March 2017. The Sibu Tower Run limited to 350 participants where runners will be running up the 627 steps of staircase of Wisma Sanyan in its final leg. The run is organised by Sibu Municipal Council (SMC) and Underground Runners Sibu. The run is the first and only tower run in Sarawak.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wisma Sanyan.|
- "Director fails in appeal to wind up Sanyan Holdings". The Borneo Post. 1 October 2011. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- Sibu Base Jump Sarawak Tourism. URL assessed on 26 August 2015
- Wisma Sanyan: Enjoy our giant Christmas tree The Borneo Post
- "Sabah State Administrative Centre". Emporis.com. Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "RETAIL REVIVAL IN SARAWAK" (PDF). C H Williams Talhar Wong & Yeo Sdn. Bhd. Retrieved 31 January 2019.
- "About Us". Wisma Sanyan. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
- Sarawak’s first tower run in March The Star (Malaysia)
- "Sibu Tower Run". Sarawak Tourism. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
|This article about a Malaysian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|