This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||June 6, 2006|
|Founders||Chris Savage, Brendan Schwartz|
|Services||video hosting, video recording|
Number of employees
Wistia Inc. is a video-software company located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Wistia provides video-hosting services for businesses, with analytics and marketing functionality. As of 2017, a claimed 300,000 companies use Wistia. As of 2018, Wistia had 87 employees.
Wistia was founded in 2006 by Brendan Schwartz and Chris Savage. The two founders met at Brown University, where Chris was a film student and Brendan was a computer engineering major. Wistia's first client was a medical devices company.
Wistia also raised $200,000 in debt in 2009. Previously, the company raised $1.4 million in two rounds from angel investors, in 2008 and 2010. Angel investors include Renesys CEO Ashton Peery.
In 2018, Wistia reported annual revenue of $32M.
Awards and recognition
- "Wistia Company Profile". Craft. Retrieved March 4, 2020.
- Ditch the Venture Model, Say Founders Who Buy Out Early Investors to Make a Clear Break. The Wall Street Journal. Accessed 2018-10-02.
- "Company Overview of Wistia, Inc". Bloomberg. Bloomberg LP. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- "Wistia". Crunchbase. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Engel, Jeff (2017-06-12). "As Businesses Get More Social, Wistia Moves Into Video Editing". Xconomy. web. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- "Wistia Yearbook". Wistia. Wistia, Inc. 2018. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Sal Daher (9 May 2018). "Wistia's Remarkable Culture". Angel Invest Boston (Podcast). Angel Invest Boston. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- Cruz, Victor. "Online Video Sharing and Collaboration Speeds Up Medical Device Development". ECN Magazine. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Geron, Tomio (2018-07-17). "Ditch the Venture Model, Say Founders Who Buy Out Early Investors to Make a Clear Break". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- O'Brien, Kelly J. (2018-07-18). "Video startup Wistia to buy out investors with $17M in debt". Boston Business Journal. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- Notice of Exempt Offering of Securities, item 06 Acc-no:0001473673-10-000001 (Report). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. 2010-03-24.
- "Ashton Peery". CB Insights. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- Martin, Dylan (2018-01-17). "Here Are the Best Boston Software Companies, According to G2". BostInno. Retrieved 2018-10-03.
- Staff, Entrepreneur (2017-02-17). "Medium-Sized Companies: The Best Company Cultures in 2017". Entrepreneur. web. Retrieved 2018-10-03.