The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
With Confidence are an Australian pop punk band from Sydney, formed in 2012. The band currently consists of lead vocalist/bassist Jayden Seeley, lead guitarist/backing vocalist Inigo Del Carmen and drummer Joshua Brozzesi.
Formation, EPs, line-up changes (2012–15)
With Confidence formed in mid 2012 with Jayden Seeley, Josh Brozzesi and Samuel Haynes, who had all attended high-school together. Shortly thereafter member Inigo Del Carmen joined, and the four began posting videos on YouTube where they released their debut single "Stand Again" for free download on 27 April 2013. The band then released their debut EP Youth independently on 1 July 2013, and saw reasonable success, receiving national radio-play on Australian stations 2Day FM and Triple J. Alongside the "Youth" EP release, With Confidence played their first Australian tour supporting The Never Ever. The band went on to play local supports for 5 Seconds of Summer, The Getaway Plan, and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, continuing to build a following.
On 8 January 2014 guitarist Samuel Haynes was announced as no longer being a part of With Confidence. The band continued writing as a three-piece and on 31 March released the new single and debut music video "I Will Never Wait". They supported this release with their first national headline tour in April, selling out multiple shows including Sydney's "The Lair" (The Metro Theatre). On 3 September, the band returned to four-piece status when previously touring guitarist Luke Rockets was announced as an official member of With Confidence. They continued keeping the year busy touring and supporting the likes of You Me at Six, Tonight Alive, Marianas Trench, The Maine and Kids in Glass Houses. The band released their second EP Distance on 13 January 2015. This was shortly followed by their second headlining tour, again selling out multiple venues throughout Australia.
Hopeless Records, Better Weather (2016–17)
On 4 January 2016 the band announced they had signed to American independent record label Hopeless Records. They coincided this news with new single and music video "We'll Be Okay". Following this the band announced an Australian headline tour set to take place in April, with support from Harbours. On 5 April they released their new single "Keeper" along with the announcement that their debut album Better Weather was going to be released on 17 June worldwide. Following their Australian headline tour, the band travelled to Japan to tour with The Wonder Years, ROAM & Cautioners. Directly after the Japanese tour, With Confidence travelled to the UK to support As It Is alongside American band Jule Vera. After the UK tour the band voyaged across to the US to appear on the entirety of the Vans Warped Tour.
On 21 July, the band released a music video for their song "Voldemort". On 17 October, the band announced they were releasing two new versions of the songs. One would be an acoustic version and the other features John Floreani of Trophy Eyes. The songs were released on 18 October.
Upon returning to Australia the band were on the road almost immediately again, supporting Motion City Soundtrack & 5 Seconds of Summer before heading out on their own album tour in October to celebrate the album that charted at #22 on the ARIA Charts. In December, it was announced they would be a part of Kerrang!'s American Superhits Green Day Tribute CD, covering "Wake Me Up When September Ends".
In February 2017, the band headlined a tour in the UK and Europe, with support from Milestones, Broadside, and Safe To Say. In April, they embarked on tour in the US to support State Champs, along with Don Broco and Against the Current. In May, they returned to the UK for a co-headlining tour with Set It Off.
In November 2017, the band put out a statement that they had parted ways with lead guitarist, Luke Rockets, after alleged sexual misconduct.   The band subsequently dropped the remaining dates of their US tour. Shortly after Rockets was dismissed from the band, frontman Jayden Seeley responded to allegations made against him. Following these allegations, the band announced that they would be taking "a step back" from touring.
Return and Love and Loathing (2018)
Following their break from touring With Confidence announced a late February return show at the Chain Reaction in Anaheim, shortly followed by the announcement of their spot on Warped Tour 2018. They announced their second studio album Love and Loathing on 11 June shortly before their run on Warped Tour, along with its lead single "That Something". On 17 July, the band released their second single, "Jaded" along with a music video.
The album was released on August 10th, 2018.
Style and influences
With Confidence have cited influences from bands The Dangerous Summer, Kings of Leon, Blink-182, The Wonder Years, The Strokes, and La Dispute on their Facebook. Along with Blink-182, All Time Low, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and The Dangerous Summer mentioned in their interview with Beers with the Band on YouTube.
The band also uses mental health as theme throughout their debut album, as shown in songs such as "Voldemort".
- Jayden Seeley – lead vocals, bass, piano, keyboard, additional guitar (2012–present)
- Joshua Brozzesi – drums, percussion (2012–present)
- Inigo Del Carmen – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2014–present), lead guitar (2014), (2017-present)
- Samuel Haynes – lead guitar (2012–2014)
- Luke Rockets - lead guitar (2014–2017)
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Love and Loathing||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that territory.|
|"We'll Be Okay"||2016||Better Weather|
|"That Something"||2018||Love and Loathing|
|"I Will Never Wait"||2014|
|"Take Me Away"|
|"We'll Be Okay"||2016|
- Hall, Mackenzie (11 May 2016). "Pop-punk prodigies With Confidence premiere "Higher" (exclusive)". Alternative Press. Alternative Press. Archived from the original on 13 May 2016.
- "With Confidence announce Hopeless signing, drop single". Kill Your Stereo. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Stand Again - With Confidence FREE DOWNLOAD IN DESCRIPTION". YouTube. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- "With Confidence". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- Stu Harvey (9 October 2013), short.fast.loud playlists, Triple J", retrieved 5 May 2014
- THE NEVER EVER LEAD 2013 HOODIE WEATHER TOUR, Miranda, 7 May 2013, retrieved 5 May 2014
- "5 Seconds of Summer - Twenty Twelve Tour". Facebook.com. 2012-08-05. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- Hot Damn! The Getaway Plan @ Spectrum, Live Guide, 5 September 2013, retrieved 5 May 2014
- The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus local tour supports announced, Kane_H, 27 August 2013, retrieved 5 May 2014
- "With Confidence - Hey guys, unfortunately Sam has decided..." Facebook. 2014-01-07. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- With Confidence release new music video, Rob Foster, 31 March 2014, retrieved 5 May 2014
- "With Confidence". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- "With Confidence". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- "You Me At Six & Tonight Alive announce tour supports (04/09/2014)". The59thsound.com. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- "Kids In Glass Houses Farewell Australian Tour 2014 Announced". Tonedeaf.com.au. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- Kane_H (23 January 2015), Kill Your Stereo!, retrieved 20 May 2015
- Caitlyn Ralph (4 January 2016), With Confidence sign to Hopeless Records, to tour with State Champs and Neck Deep, retrieved 16 February 2016
- "With Confidence Announce Australian Headline Tour". theMusic. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "Tonight Alive, In Hearts Wake Lead Aussie Contingent On Vans Warped Tour Lineup - Music Feeds". Music Feeds. 2016-03-23. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "With Confidence to Release Two New Versions of 'Voldemort' - CelebMix". CelebMix. 2016-10-17. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Motion City Soundtrack Announce Last Ever Australian Tour - Music Feeds". Music Feeds. 2016-05-16. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "With Confidence to support 5SOS on Australian leg of tour - CelebMix". CelebMix. 2016-08-29. Retrieved 2016-11-29.
- "Pre-Order Kerrang!'s Green Day American Superhits Cover CD + Issue Now!". Kerrang!. 2016-12-02. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "With Confidence Announce UK/European Headline Tour". Kerrang!. 2016-11-23. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "State Champs Announce Tour with Against The Current, With Confidence and Don Broco". Alternative Press. 2016-12-14. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "Set It Off, With Confidence Announce UK Tour". Team Rock. 2017-03-21. Retrieved 2017-04-11.
- "With Confidence part ways with guitarist Luke Rockets amidst sexual misconduct allegations". Alternative Press. 2017-11-13. Retrieved 2017-11-13.
- Vidler, piper. "In light of the recent events". Facebook. Retrieved 13 November 2017.
- "With Confidence's Jayden Seeley addresses sexual misconduct allegations - News - Alternative Press". Alternative Press. Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- "With Confidence Loses Festival Spot After Another Sexual Misconduct Claim". Pedestrian TV. 16 November 2017. Retrieved 2 December 2017.
- "2018 VANS WARPED TOUR Lineup Revealed". Blabbermouth.net. 2018-03-01. Retrieved 2018-07-06.
- "With Confidence: That Something - Music on Google Play". Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- Yeung, Neil Z. "With Confidence | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- "With Confidence". Facebook.com. 2015-01-13. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- "With Confidence drop Harry Potter-referenced song "Voldemort"—listen". Alternative Press. 2016-06-09. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "australian-charts.com - Discography With Confidence". Hung Medien. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
- "Billboard 200: August 25, 2018". Billboard. Retrieved 21 August 2018.
- "We'll Be Okay - Single by With Confidence". iTunes. Retrieved 16 June 2016.
- Keeper, 2016-04-05, retrieved 2016-12-02
- "Voldemort - Single by With Confidence". iTunes. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "With Confidence: Jaded - Music on Google Play". Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "With Confidence: Moving Boxes - Music on Google Play". Retrieved 12 August 2018.
- "With Confidence - I Will Never Wait (Official Music Video)". YouTube. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "With Confidence - London Lights (Official Music Video)". YouTube. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "With Confidence - Take Me Away (Official Music Video)". YouTube. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "With Confidence - We'll Be Okay (Official Music Video)". YouTube. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "With Confidence - Keeper (Official Music Video)". YouTube. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "With Confidence - Voldemort (Official Music Video)". YouTube. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "With Confidence - Long Night (Official Music Video)". YouTube. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- Hopeless Records (2017-06-13), With Confidence - Archers (Official Music Video), retrieved 2017-06-29
- Hopeless Records (2017-06-13), With Confidence - Waterfall (Official Music Video), retrieved 2018-04-26
- Hopeless Records (11 June 2018), With Confidence - That Something (Official Music Video), retrieved 24 June 2018
- Hopeless Records (6 August 2018), With Confidence - Moving Boxes (Official Music Video), retrieved 8 September 2018