4 January 1921 |
|Occupation||publicist, prosaist, novelist|
|Subject||war, occupation, socialist realism|
Witold Zalewski (4 January 1921 in Siedlce - 2009) is a Polish writer, publicist and prosaist. During the Occupation of Poland he was a soldier of Armia Krajowa and participated in Warsaw Uprising. Zalewski was associated with conspiratory magazine Dźwigary, editorial board member of weekly magazine Pokolenie (1946–1947), publicist of Przegląd Kulturalny (1952–1963), publicist of Kultura (1963–1970).
In his works, Zalewski refers to war events, his generation, and relations between his generation and socialist realism. He analyses moral choices of war and occupation period. Zalewski is an author of one of the Polish socialist-realist book Traktory zdobędą wiosnę.
- Mrok (1943) – debut story published in Dźwigary
- Śmiertelni bohaterowie (1946) – story
- Broń (1948) – novel
- Ranny w lesie (1960)
- Traktory zdobędą wiosnę (1950)
- Pruski mur (1964)
- Splot słoneczny (1972)
- Czarne jagody (1975)
- Dolina Królów (1976) – essay
- Odmiany nadziei (1968)
- Ostatni postój (1979) – novel about January Uprising
- Pożegnanie twierdzy (1985)
- Wysłannik (1988)
- Pożegnanie twierdzy (2000)
- Zakładnicy (2001) – novel with autobiographical elements
- "Witold Zalewski biographical note". Agawa (in Polish).
- "Zalewski Witold". Internetowa encyklopedia PWN (in Polish). Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN. Retrieved 2007-10-06.
- "Zalewski Witold". WIEM Encyclopedia (in Polish). Retrieved 2007-10-06.
|This article about a Polish writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|