Witse is a Dutch language crime drama produced by Belgian broadcaster VRT and broadcast on their één channel. It is also shown on BVN. It was first broadcast in 2004 and was popular enough to run for nine seasons, with the final one airing in 2012. It starred Hubert Damen as the eponymous Witse, a driven inspector in the Belgian federal police based in Halle. It was one of the most popular Flemish television programmes with some 1.6 million viewers.
There are also Witse books. The first three were based on the last two episodes of each season, but since 2010 every six months a brand new story was published, written and invented by established Belgian (crime) writers, as Bob Van Laerhoven and Bart Van Lierde.
The music for Witse is composed by Steve Willaert.
- Flemish television shows
- Belgian drama television shows
- 2004 Belgian television series debuts
- 2012 Belgian television series endings
- 2000s Belgian television series
- 2010s Belgian television series
- Fictional police detectives
- Television shows adapted into novels
- Television shows set in Belgium
- Fictional characters from Flanders
- Fictional Belgian police officers
- Eén original programming
- Belgian television stubs
- European television show stubs